Christmas Show with Irish Show Dancing and Music

Home Forums Louth Chat Christmas Show with Irish Show Dancing and Music

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! My three kids Irish dance in Dundalk, and their school is hosting what promises to be a wonderful family Christmas show. If you liked watching Riverdance or Lord of the Dance, or Prodijig, please continue reading for more information! Thanks so much, Dana

Scoil Rince Mona Ní Rodaigh will present a spectacular evening of dancing and music in “A Christmas Cracker” on December 15th at 8:00 P.M. in St. Patrick’s GFC, Lordship.
    An evening for the entire family – Featuring world class Irish dancing and local musicians.
    As part of its fundraising efforts to send over forty children to compete at the Irish Dancing World Championships in Boston next March, Scoil Rince Mona Ní Rodaigh is assembling some outstanding dancing and musical talent from among its students, alumni and friends to stage what promises to be a spectacular show to delight audiences of all ages.
    World class Irish Dancers, including Riverdance star Carla O’Brien and Darren Casey of Prodijig fame, will be joined by students of Scoil Rince Mona Ní Rodaigh in a dancing show the likes of which you haven’t seen before. Production and choreography for ‘A Christmas Cracker’ is being led by none other than Dearbhla Lennon, former principal dancer with Lord of the Dance, TV presenter with TG4’s ‘An Jig Gig’, Master Dancer on RTE 2’s Pump Up My Dance, who is also one of the four teachers at Scoil Rince Mona Ní Rodaigh.
    The evening’s programme will feature local singer and song writing star Sinead McNally, who is enjoying fantastic success since deciding in 2010 to devote herself full-time to her music career. As Sinead says, “I work very hard in the run up to my gigs. I like to ensure that the audience feel part of my life, the stories, the highs and the lows and I like to tell them a little about where the songs have come from”.
    Locals will also recognize the band ‘Crooked Jack’, whose traditional folk music with a contemporary edge has entertained to rave reviews.
    The evening promises to be a lovely Christmas family night out, with even mince pies and mulled wine during the interval. (shhh, there will be a surprise for the kids, too!)
    The Mona Ní Rodaigh school of Irish dancing has a 40 year history of producing top class world championship dancers in the North East. The school will be sending over forty children to the World Championships of Irish Dancing in Boston this coming March to compete in both solo and ceili competitions. The ‘Christmas Cracker’ show is part of the school’s fundraising efforts to defray costs for those dancers and will take place at St. Patrick’s GFC, Lordship from 8pm on Saturday December 15th. Tickets cost €15 euro each and are available from Grants Newsagents Park Street or contact Dana Sheridan at 087-673-0810.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.