christmas shopping

Home Forums National Chat christmas shopping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    scole1

hey girls i know the dreaded word CHRISTMAS is one we try not to mention until way after halloween even then it’s nearly a crime even to mention it, these days the christmas build up is coming earlier and earlier…..and of coursenot to mention the hassle of shopping battling through crowds and paying over the hill for stuff that 5 months previous was less than the tag that is now replaced the old one, 3 for 2 offers seem attractive at christmas but really it’s just to intice you to spend more and buy un wanted gifts that will end up anyway in the local car boot sale or even down the charity shop …. Then of course there’s the trying to get that much wanted SANTA pressie that your little wants and has been asking you for since they saw it advertised in the summer and you promised santa would bring it and now you’re dreading the thoughts of seeing an upset face on christmas morning of a very disapointed child……well girls i know i’m nuts but i have it done just got to get the grown ups their chrimbo pressies but as for santa he’s done and dusted… his list is done i’m sure the elves are confused of what time of year it is too…….YEAH i know it’s AUGUST i can hear you all screaming, can even see those shocked faces but hey better off being stress free come november and besides all the good stuff is out now and bought before it’s swept off the shelves and then stressing over thinking oh no what will i do now i couldn’t get that particular gift…..well it’s sorted….next step got to find somewhere that sells christmas wrapping paper this time of the year…. :lol: only kidding i have some from last year bought extra maybe i will write my christmas cards too have them ready to post first day of Dec :lol: :lol: i’m not that nuts…..seriously girls i totally reccomend it, it’s good for the soul….the best thing is that you can really think what you’re getting someone for christmas and have it got and not panic weather that gift will arrive in the post by christmas eve and not end up "saying well i really wanted to get you that pearl neclace you wanted but em they ran out so i got you a universal remote instead"….when i was expecting my baby 2 years ago he was due 2 weeks before christmas so i had everything bought and wrapped by the middle of september, it was heaven, come the 1st dec the tree was up decorations up the house was smelling of christmas and the tree looked complete as it actually had the gifts gleaming with their lovely wrapping tags and bows, it was a real kodak moment the perfect tree they were there for the first time in donkeys years for 25 days rather than the usual 2 days….last year i did the panic buy and eneded disapointed and ashamed of my last minute flutter to the crowed shops pathetic voucher presents don’t get me wrong vouchers can be great but when it’s a voucher for an hour in the bath etc and your laundry folded then it’s crap, so this year i have taken a vow to be organised and so far i’m there, so come the 1st dec the tree will be up and the battle of trying to keep a toddler away from the presents that will be perfectly wrapped and the bows stragtically placed will commence but hey we’ll have the fulliest bottom of the tree this road has seen…..well happy shopping and don’t forget to write a list of who got what and where you’ve put it, otherwise they’ll end up having it for the following christmas even if the slippers are too small and the knickers are too tight, i don’t think you’d be able to get a refund……HAPPY SHOPPING AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taylor5

Where did my post go????
    You just did your shopping cause I said I was doing mine on Wednedsay 🙄 🙄 🙄
    Your not mad, well if you are so am I… I have a few rolls for wrapping paper in the attic if you want

scole1

you will need it at this rate, no i have some i think, actually got it in the jan sales think the chrimbocards are there too…thanks anyway

Taylor5

I get the Garry Kelly cards so will have to wait until later in the year…. I always post early, when working in An Post alway hated the fockers who posted on the last days 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

What am I doing up at this time of night ❓

munchin
    Participant

i was the same last year babs was due 24th nov and i had everythnig bought by mid sept now i didn’t wrap until i came home from hopistal but i do believe in getting it done early. I have 4 pressies already this year. But i’m pretty much down to buying pressies for kids only (friends & family choice not mine) so i;m going to wait until near xmas to buy clothes. I wasn’t organised enough this xmas to buy cards & wrapping paper in new year but i usually do this every other year!
    haven’t thought about santa yet – she’ll only be 1

Joanne06
    Participant

Well i bought my christmas wrapping paper in January n gift tags in boots…like how cd ya refuse 75% off!! Ive a big bag of pressies so far for this year and actually few things put away in shops in town too. I cdnt be assed leavin all to last min, the earlier the better i say! When i see somethin, i get it, cos if i leave it n return to get, it itll be gone, saves a lot of stress me says! Jus wish A cd make up his mind what he’d like off santa so i can get that put away now!!! On sayin all that i dont wrap til closer to Christmas….jus to make it all the christmasier!!!!! LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

scole1

i’m delighted to see i’m not the only christmas shopper that buys early…go on girls…..i love christmas too, it’s great really really love it….can’t wait, going to santa in london and donegal this year cannot wait….love the smell of christmas and just te whole excitment of christmas….

Joanne06
    Participant

I get all done early so i can treat the most important person then…..ME!!!! Has to be done!!

scole1

😆 😆 😆 sure what’s the harm…

yummymummy

im starting on sat seeing as im not going out i might as well put my money to good use. seen a few board games j might like off santa 🙂 and its usually around this time that heaatons do their half price toy sale, so away i go to get my cousins and my friends kids some cheap nice toys 🙂
    have 2 rolls of wrapping paper and gift tags left over from last year.

i hate the mad rush around x mas and i hate crowds so i like to get mine done early and then all the dosh is left for me to buy my clothes, get me hair done and get myself something nice 🙂

Yvonne

I bought loads of cards and wrapping paper in the January sales this year, so won’t need to buy them this year! 😆
    My sis has most of her shopping done, and even wrapped! I couldn’t do that, buy yes but wrap NO! I spend a whole evening wrapping presents with a glass or two of wine!

Joanne06
    Participant

Thats jus what i do!!!!!! Only dif is J comes down with his too with the intentions to wrap them himself n sits watchin me doin it, so that jus means more wine consumption as it takes me longer!!!!!!!! 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

Its great! 😆 😆 😆

yummymummy

aw i love x mas eve, putting out the stuff with me wine and a good old film on the tv or else watch j santa clause the movie. im like a child all excitied hehehe.

oh i cant wait to get started, im surprised j doesnt no what he wants yet he usually does. there was a girl in argos on sunday asking her mam for toys off santa i couldnt help but laugh though.

Yvonne

I love it too, I’m like a child! Christmas we go to Barry’s Granny and give out and get pressies and then to my Mothers and all the grandkids get theirs, its great excitement!!! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.