CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

Home Forums Louth Chat CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    scole1

hey girls i know the dreaded word CHRISTMAS is one we try not to mention until way after halloween even then it’s nearly a crime even to mention it, these days the christmas build up is coming earlier and earlier…..and of course not to mention the hassle of shopping battling through crowds and paying over the hill for stuff that 5 months previous was less than the tag that is now been replaced on it, 3 for 2 offers see attractive at christmas but really it’s just to intice you to spend more and buy un wanted gifts that will end up anyway in the local car boot sale or even down the charity shop …. Then of course there’s the trying to get that much wanted SANTA pressie that your little wants and has been asking you for since they saw it advertised in the summer and you promised santa would bring it and now you’re dreading the thoughts of seeing an upset face on christmas morning of a very disapointed child……well girls i know i’m nuts but i have it done just got to get the grown ups their chrimbo pressies but as for santa he’s done and dusted… his list is done i’m sure the elves are confused of what time of year it is too…….YEAH i know it’s AUGUST i can hear you all screaming, can even see those shocked faces but hey better off being stress free come november and besides all the good stuff is out now and bought before it’s swept off the shelves and then stressing over thinking oh no what will i do now i couldn’t get that particular gift…..well it’s sorted….next step got to find somewhere that sells christmas wrapping paper this time of the year…. :lol: only kidding i have some from last year bought extra maybe i willwrite my christmas cards too have them ready to post first day of Dec :lol: :lol: i’m not that nuts…..seriously girls i totally reccomend it, it’s good for the soul….the best thing is that you can really think what you’re getting someone for christmas and have it got and not panic weather that gift will arrive in the post by christmas eve and not end up "saying well i really wanted to get you that pearl neclace you wanted but em they ran out so i got you a universal remote instead"….when i was expecting my baby 2 years ago he was due 2 weeks before christmas so i had everything bought and wrapped by the middle of september, it was heaven, come the 1st dec the tree was up decorations up the house was smelling of christmas and the tree looked complete as it actually had the gifts gleaming with their lovely wrapping tags and bows, it was a real kodak moment the perfect tree they were there for the first time in donkeys years for 25 days rather than the usual 2 days….last year i did the panic buy and eneded disapointed and ashamed of my last minute flutter to the crowed shops pathetic voucher presents don’t get me wrong vouchers can be great but when it’s a voucher for an hour in the bath etc and your laundry folded then it’s crap, so this year i have taken a vow to be organised and so far i’m there, so come the 1st dec the tree will be up and the battle of trying to keep a toddler away from the presents that will be perfectly wrapped and the bows stragtically placed will commence but hey we’ll have the fulliest bottom of the tree this road has seen…..well happy shopping and don’t forget to write a list of who got what and where you’ve put it, otherwise they’ll end up having it for the following christmaseven if the slippers are too small and the knickers are too tight, i don’t think you’d be able to get a refund……HAPPY SHOPPING AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taylor5

Oh you copy cat, just cause I said I was starting mine…. I’m doing mine on Wednesday 😆 😆 😆 No wonder why we get on so well 🙄

yummymummy

im going to start mine on sat, seen a few games that santa might like to bring j and its usually around this time where heatons to the half price toy sale so i buy my cousins and my friends kids from there 🙂

Taylor5

all the toy shops have sales on at the moment, clearing the stock for the xmas stuff….

yummymummy

aw but heatons is HALF PRICE and has a great selection of decent toys.

Taylor5

Well thanks for that, I’ll poo in there first and see if I get any bargains

yummymummy

dont think its on yet, they usually get rid of their school stock first taylor. let me know if there is any 3 for 2 offers on board games in smyths, ds wants connect 4 and guess who and mouse trap, keep us occupied for ages 🙂

Yvonne

I have a few bits got already and generally start to keep an eye out for some bargains. Heatons was great last year for their sale, will have to keep a watch out for that again! We only spend €20 on the nephews and nieces, so its great when you get things reduced – you get much better value!

Taylor5

Yummy world of wonder have 20% or even up to 50% off the board games, huge sale in there at the moment… think they are closing down ❗

Well Scole Im finished too, have to collect the tractor tomorrow, then all thats left is about 6 adult gifts. Will have a look in the perfume store on friday and see if I can knock another few off the list.

yummymummy

taylor thats great might go in and have a look on my way home 🙂 be nice to get them little things outta the way as he doesnt know what "big" thing he wants yet.

Taylor5

I got loads of stuff for 150 euro then up to smyths to get books for A that was that… for in or around 200 euro.

Will get something for mam and MIL in Carraig Donn, got dh new golf shoes and might get him a new camere and a few games, he is dearer then ds (for now, I here you laugh 🙄 )

happymumblemum
    Participant

good god women we havent even had the paddling pool or barbie out yet 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 👿 😉 😉

Taylor5

HMM they have butterscotch in smyths… the silly thing is 399 😯 😯 😯

happymumblemum
    Participant

thats why i wouldnt buy a new one I was hoping someone would want to offload the monstrosity for 50 quid 😆 😆 😆 😆 it would make a good place to throw clothes 😆

yummymummy

well went down to world of wonder and got , connect 4, mouse trap and guess who for €40 . did a bit of shopping online too, got my little cousins a paint your own jewellery box and paint your own piggy bank, me nana a yankee candle and j teacher a set of small yankee candles…love them i do, smell gorg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.