Christmas lights & Decorations

Home Forums Louth Chat Christmas lights & Decorations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    libby

Maybe we could have a post where people can put up when they put up their decorations and we can go and view them. What do people think?

I am starting to get in the mood of it.
    Got kids to write letters.. Tell my Dad and stepmum we would go for dinner, we were in Dublin last year.
    Had a look at marks & Spencers food cataloque..

Slowly getting there….
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taylor5

You wont be seen my light for a good while.
    will have to look at the M&S catalogue, might just get the ready made veg or any shortcuts I can take

kasia

hi
    i am going to keep my tradition. christmas lights on christmas eve up to almost end of january.
    on my street i am the last to light up and the last to switch them off 🙂 🙂
    see if i can keep that up when kids get bigger 🙄

Taylor5

No I take mine down, well dh does on Little Xmas, which is the 6th or 7th of Jan

trudy34

Little christmas is the 6th, i take mine down then too. Will probably put them up in early December. I love doing the tree.

meabh

i put mine up the first week of december and take them down the 6th.
    do have another fairy light thing that’s up all year round though as i just love their twinkly little lights

kasia

it’s hard to get the real tree so late in december but so far we managed. dh persuaded me last year to buy the tree earlier and to decorate it on christmas eve. i have to compromise 😆 it’s his celebration too.
    and my kids get presents on christmas eve, so there won’t be any problem with that in the future i guess 🙂

Taylor5

We always got real trees but the trouble getting rid of it and a whole day picking it out (Im very fussy)
    So we bought one in the garden centre after xmas, it was reduced from 120 down to 50 its fab if I must say so myself and it looks soooo real, I burn xmas smelling candles and oils so it smells like we have a real tree

meabh

my parents always leave getting their tree to the last minute and end up with one that’s lobsided!!
    we’re trying to persuade them to get one earlier this year as my brother’s coming home from abroad and it’ll be the first year in ages that we’ll all be together.

i love getting real trees but am in a very tiny flat this year so will have to get an artificial one so it will fit

Taylor5

Meabh Argos do a lovely small tree about 3 foot, its very cheap and comes with lights and decos… the lights dont flash so you might have to buy more lights
    We put 3 xmas trees up in the house, but one is this tiny one 😳

meabh

will check it out.
    saw a lovely 3 foot one in a b&q catalogue that came through the door… is there a b&q in drogheda?

rossylisa

when I first moved in to my house dh went down and bought a christmas tree ( fake one) and i thought it was gorgeous then about 2 yrs ago DH wanted to change it for a real one and i wasnt haven any of it….. MY lovely tree….. well dds 5th birthday and a friends little boy was like oh look at your tree ( me thinking he loves it ) its tiny 😆 😆 so last yr i got a real one and the first week i kept sweeping up little bugs but the smell was gorgeous but come christmas day it looked witered………. so am on the look out for a big fakeone 😀 😀

Taylor5

No, Swords or Dundalk. B&Q trees are nice

happymumblemum
    Participant

we always have a real tree usually a 7 or 8 foot one , cant beat the smell of real xmas trees. true they dont look there best after a while but every year we NEARLY buy artifiial but just dont go through with it…one year we were at the check out with ou artificial tree but changed our minds again at the last minute 😆

munchin
    Participant

have to say i do love my artifical tree the thoughts of cleaning up after a real one not for me i’m afraid but like taylor i do try to have candles burning – didn’t last years cos babs was only 4weeks old might do this year though.
    i tend to put my decorations up before 12th dec (dh b’day) and then take them down around 6th january – depending on when the weekend falls!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.