Christmas gifts from small children to their parents

Home Forums National Chat Christmas gifts from small children to their parents

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Our son (aged 10) has asked for 20 euro to go to the shops and buy gifts for us and his sisters this Christmas. Its the first time he would be doing so unaccompanied (well, when I say unaccompanied, we would be in the shops with him but would let him go off my himself for a few minutes)

So I am wondering, are there any suggestions we should give him to make it easy for him?

have your children ever gone off and got you gifts on their own and if so, what did they come back with?

Yvonne

I think its a lovely idea 🙂

Not one that has been asked here yet mind.. I’m sure he will come back with something really sweet, and you could be surprised at what he has noticed you like or say you like!

libby1
    Participant

I think its a really nice idea
    My dd and ds 12 and 15 = buy present for their gran parents / old babyminder and parents & each other..

They have done for last 5 yrs…

It started off with buying socks for the men – to sweets and candles for the women.. Its the thought that counts

pookie4
    Participant

I know it is the wrong time of the year, but my lads (5 and 7) love shopping on their own (with mammy hovering in background) at car boot sales.

The deal is they have to decide in advance what they are looking for & check every stall before spending their money. They’ve learned not to say how much money they have & not to buy at the first stall. And they are only allowed buy things that are not damaged

They are really in tune with what each other & daddy like. They usually get me something for the kitchen or garden or slippers etc. Someplace like Heatons is good, because in has a range of stuff….

lemonB

Things like scarves, gloves, hats, boxes of chocolate, flowers, body lotion….etc, are cheap enough and you can’t really go wrong with them.

pookie4
    Participant

Fluffy pjs I Pennys….. esp on a night like this

Jedt
    Keymaster

Snuggly slipper boots for me and snuggly slipper socks for his sisters would be perfect!!! Penneys have great ones. Hint has been dropped…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.