chocolate cake

Home Forums National Chat chocolate cake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chickpea

HELP…….

Can someone please give me the recipe for a nice light chocolate cake????

Ive made a few attempts at chocolate cakes using recipes from the internet but for some reason they all taste really heavy and floury???if you know what i mean… :( :( :( And i follow the recipe to the tee…

going to try chewieodis black forest gateau but want to get the cake right first…

Any suggestions?????

Moonflower

i made a chocolate cake yesterday..was light enough but am no expert..my recipe gave me 3 tbspns of boiling water to be added so maybe that made it lighter…will see what others post for their recipes as am not best baker….& mine was probably heavier than you would want but for me i was just thankful it rose 😆 & didnt end up like a biscuit

CaliGal

You could be overbeating the flour. When you do this, it releases the Gluten and can make the cake heavy and dense…

Fabienne

I’m hoping to get my friend recipe soon.
    Her chocolate are so so good. But I didn’t want to have the recipe because I could make it and then EAT it.
    So until now I was just getting it twice a year.
    But I asked her friday and she said she’ll copy it for me.

I’ll post it as soon as I have it.
    You’ll probably get one before.

Fabienne

chewieodie
    Participant

Aw sorry hun! This is a problem I have on this side of the world…. can’t seem to get the cakes to rise the same way I would in SA for some reason. I put it down to the flour, and actually get my flour from the SA shop now, so that I can use my old recipes…. 🙂

Have you tried the Odlums site?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.