Children’s cover question

Home Forums National Chat Children’s cover question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just saw a question from Bubblesue in the expert section. Sue, I have no connection with Alliance so just to avoid confusion, I’ll answer it here.

With modern life and specified illness cover plans, children up to age 18 (starting age can vary from a few weeks to 1 year old depending on company) are automatically covered for a nominal amount of life cover (usually €4-6,000) and if the parents have specified illness cover, the children are automatically covered (usually about €20-25,000 as long as this is not more than 50% of the parent’s cover).

It doesn’t matter how many children or whether there were no children when the plan was commenced, they are still covered for the same list of illnesses. A child claim does not affect the parent’s cover at all. Last year, almost 5% of Irish Life’s specified illness claims was on children. Hope that answers your question. Dave.

bubblesue

Thanks for that FC, there was no reply in the expert section so I was going to give you a call anyway. I passed your answer on to my friend.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Happy to help Sue, if she has any more questions, feel free to get her to email or text me.

Dave.

bubblesue

Thanks FC, that’s reassured her! Are you not doing the expert section anymore? I thought Alliance had closed down in Peter street?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Yeah, they’re gone from Peter Street, Sue. I’m not sure if they are still doing the expert section but as I am no longer connected to them I didn’t want to cause confusion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.