Children filmed in Drogheda Playground!!

Home Forums National Chat Children filmed in Drogheda Playground!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    baby1

Has anyone else seen the story on the front of the Drogheda Leader, I was horrified!! Apparently 4 men were seen filming the children in the playground

julymam

Yes I read the story too!

I’m up in that playground all the time with my two little ones, so thats very disturbing to hear that, I’ve never noticed anything like that before. But then again I wouldn’t have thought to be looking out for it either 🙁

Babs

Haven’t seen this story yet…does anyone know why they were filming??

baby1

This happened last Saturday, Nobody knows why they were filming, Its scary to think there are people like that out there.

Babs

Its so sad that we even have to think this way…I had my two lads down on the beach at the weekend…they went for a paddle and then I stripped them as their clothes were wet…my youngest wanted to run around starkers (he does that at home!!) but I was so paranoid of who was around…think its all about keeping our kids safe but still enabling them to be free and be kids…its a sad state of affairs!!

Taylor5

why would 4 men be filming outside a playground!! Strange indeed, i wouldnt like my kids to be filmed by strangers, but what would they get out of filming kids in a playground, surely it wouldnt be sexual, maybe its something innocent like they were planning to build a playground!
    Is everything in the world bad or is that just how we think about things these days?

I was at a playground last week and a girl about 6 was in the bigger kids area, she started to roar as her feet slipped she was about 8 to 10 feet in the air just hanging on, a man beside me turned his back on her, i ran over and grabbed her by the legs/bum just before she fell into me…. i heard the mans wife give out "why didnt you help that child?" he said did you see how that girl had to grab that child, no way was i touching a child like that, its okay for a woman but not a man!! I did say to the mother of the child i had to grab her by the bum, she just thanked me and said it was okay as she knew i was just looking out for her daughter….. is that how things are gone? A man afraid to help a child (who would have been badly hurt) in fear 🙄

julymam

the woman who reported them said that because there are no toilets around that she had to bring her kids to nearby trees as they needed to go to the toilet. She said she tried sheltering them as best she could and i think this is when she seen the 4 men with a camcorder. They had no kids with them and the woman said it to a few of them fathers in the playground and seemingly when the men seen they were spotted they got into a car and left… very weird! could be innocent but then again, in this day and age why would you risk something like that when people can very easily think you’re up to know good..

Taylor5

Well that doesnt sound innocent, it would have been a busy day as the weather was sooo good…. just thinking if you wanted to do a recci of a playground you would do it out of hours iykwim. Did anyone get a reg of their car?

rossylisa

Like taylor, I was walking back from the school with DD there was a young boy who got off the school bus outside my estate, he wanted to cross the road and loads of traffic etc. There was a man sitting in his car waiting on his child at the bus stop on the opposite side of the road.So he got out of his car and stopped a lady on that side of the road and said to her will you just wait untill I help this lad cross the road, he came across the road and seeing me and said can you just wait a second untill I help him. Very sad that this man had to have two witnesses just to help a lad cross a very busy road

julymam

Well that doesnt sound innocent, it would have been a busy day as the weather was sooo good…. just thinking if you wanted to do a recci of a playground you would do it out of hours iykwim. Did anyone get a reg of their car?

yeah exactly doesn’t sound innocent to me either. didnt mention if they got the reg, but i wouldnt think so.. was just trying to think if i was there on saturday cos i’d usually go once or twice a wk but i wasn’t it was sun or mon

Taylor5

Like taylor, I was walking back from the school with DD there was a young boy who got off the school bus outside my estate, he wanted to cross the road and loads of traffic etc. There was a man sitting in his car waiting on his child at the bus stop on the opposite side of the road.So he got out of his car and stopped a lady on that side of the road and said to her will you just wait untill I help this lad cross the road, he came across the road and seeing me and said can you just wait a second untill I help him. Very sad that this man had to have two witnesses just to help a lad cross a very busy road

God love the poor man!! A mum was saying to me a child fell in ds’s school a few weeks ago, she said about 10 parents stood near the child and NOBOBY went to the child to pick her up, she said she was shocked as the ltitle one got a terrible bang to the head and would need to be monitored. Another mum said "oh dont leave yourself open (to what she didnt know) by touching another child!"

pookie2

The world is gone crazy – a primary teacher I know told me recently that a 7 year old in her class soiled himself badly in class (poor kid had a bug) & got very distressed. Strictly speaking she should have left him sitting in it until his mother could get to the school. Can you believe it? What mother would want that? She managed to get someone to witness her changing & cleaning the child & then had to apologise to the mother for going against school policy. Is that nuts or what? I mean when does caution turn to paranoia?

Taylor5

Pookie thats a joke!! Isn’t it terrible i would want my ds cleaned up, but my ds’s school do say if the child cant do it himself they ring home…. it is a world gone mad.
    My brother has diabettes and had a turn after a long bus trip, he was in Dublin city with a 10 month old and he was going hypo and kinda passing in and out, he was fighting passing out and holding onto the buggy, loads of people passed him but the bus driver had seen his wrist band and being diabetic himself was able to come to his aid, most people must have thought he was drunk or on Drugs!
    I was talking to a mother who was at the park at the weekend, she said that guy had a zoom lense camera and once he spotted people looking at him, flew off!
    As someone said in a post about, its a warning for us when at the beach and letting kids run about stripped off

juanitas

Why didn’t the woman confront the men fliming the children. I was in Glendalough durining last summer and a man was fliming my daughter playing with stones in one of the church runes. He ment nothing by it,
    ( he was american and thought it was "sweet") but my dad spotted it and asked him to rewind his footage and delete it. If you see someone taking pics or video of your child you have all rights to ask to see the pics or view the footage and ask them to delete it. It is very neglective of a parent to see someone videoing or photograhing their kids and not confront the offender. I always take pics and video of my two kids no matther where I go but I always amke sure its just my kids and no-ones elses kids that are in the shots.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.