Childminder rates

Home Forums Minder Finder Childminder rates

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    louise789

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of childminding rates in this area. I know it will depend on number of days/hours you have them but just a ball park figure daily rate? It would be for a baby – under 6 months?

I have been asked to mind a baby in the family (not my own of course!!!) and the mum asked me to decide on a rate but I don’t have a clue!!!

I think it would be 2/3 days a week but not sure hours. Say, 9-5pm though, a normal 8 hour working day…

Any info would be gratefully received!

Cheers. xx

super minder

i charge 40 euros for a full day . although i think some minders charge more for a baby . hope this helps. xxx

louise789

Thanks Angie, appreciate the response. I just didn’t have a clue!!

Duncelt

I’m based in Dundalk and my child minder charges 30 a day (if she goes 5 full days) or 35 a day if its only 2 or 3 days that week.

I think you have to be cheaper than a creche as they have overheads, insurance and qualifications (not to be too blunt). You could try ringing the creches in your area for an idea.

mammycool
    Participant

I’m based in Kentstown and my childminder charges 25euro a day. I have a 10 old and 2yr 10mth old. I have heard that the going rate is 35euro a day.

super minder

sorry not been rude but i pay tax and insurence and give first class care.
    why should i work for less than nothing. i do so many things with my kids i mind. also i do stage age work with them .

people have to check to see the level of care in child minders and playschool etc. so gernal statments of no over heads is not right to say.

sorry if you find this a rude answer back .

Duncelt

Apologies as I should have worded that better. It certainly wasn’t an attack on you or anyone else but what I should have said was that in many cases childminders work cash in hand (in myexperience) anyway.

super minder

thats no problem but thats the fight we childminders have everyday. louth child care committe are always trying to get our messages across .

good childcare is hard to find. and you do get what you pay for. thanks for rearranging your worlds. it does mean a lot xxxx

shakey

DS is with his minder c8.30-5.30 (I work 9.30-5) and this takes in travel time and I pay her €50 a day. He is not with her everyday but I think it is worth it for me to be able to work still and he is my most precious possesion so since she is so good and he is the only child she looks afterI’d prob pay more if she asked/I could afford it…

louise789

Hi, thanks for the responses on this! I actually originally posted this in April last year – not sure how it came to the top of the list again! I got sorted in the end. xxxx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.