Chickens

Home Forums Louth Chat Chickens

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    supermum

Hi, Does anyone know where I could buy some chickens and how much they cost???

scole1

mmmm….not sure actually sorry but will keep and ear out though…..

angelmum

why dont you ring newgrange farm,im sure they would point you in the right direction

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

kcireland

We’re very interested, too! We just spent a few days on a farm and they kids enjoyed chasing them and getting the eggs in the morning. 8 hens gave us enough eggs for 5 people’s scrambled eggs every morning! DELICIOUS!

Please keep us posted.

noeleenw

hi theres a lady in the naul has them janet is her name pm me for her number

Taylor5

My brother is hatching out chicks and as far as I know he is selling them for 10euro each….. I could give him a ring if you want.
    I dont know if he is selling hens but could find out

Oh by the way my ds1 would pull you up on your wording, chickens are dead and you eat them….. Hens lay eggs 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆 Sorry I get told off about this

noeleenw

the local trader always has ads for chickens or hens too

karmar

Hi, I don’t know if it helps but I’ve found some ads reg chicken, please check the link below or if it doesn’t work, go to http://www.donedeal.ie and press on Birds:

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/birds/for-sale/Ireland/

Good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

MaryE

Just thought this may be of insterest to you:

In Sonairte Ecology Visitor Centre (Laytown Co. Meath Telephone: 041 9827572 ) they actually run a short course about having chickens/ hens in suburban gardens.

Might be worth doing before you get them, to know exactly what you are taking on.

Plus im sure the person running the course would know somewhere local to purchase hens.

I agree there is nothing like fresh eggs. My grandparents had a big farm & had loads of hens, ducks etc, i loved them as a child but the amount of Sh*T they produce is unbelieveable. Just be warned.

supermum

Just thought this may be of insterest to you:

In Sonairte Ecology Visitor Centre (Laytown Co. Meath Telephone: 041 9827572 ) they actually run a short course about having chickens/ hens in suburban gardens.

Might be worth doing before you get them, to know exactly what you are taking on.

Plus im sure the person running the course would know somewhere local to purchase hens.

I agree there is nothing like fresh eggs. My grandparents had a big farm & had loads of hens, ducks etc, i loved them as a child but the amount of Sh*T they produce is unbelieveable. Just be warned.

Thanks for all the help and advice. Will defo give them a buzz.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.