Chickens

Home Forums Louth Chat Chickens

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    louise789

Well we’re looking for some chickens. To live in our garden I mean – not the frozen variety! DH has built a rather lovely hen house and is currently reinforcing the fences to make sure they can’t escape into nextdoors garden (they have 3 rather large dogs), but the next step is to find some birds!

So, does anyone know where we might be able to get some? We were even thinking of rescuing some ex-battery ones if we can but don’t know where to look in the area.

If anyone can help/point us in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks. x

Taylor5

someone on facebook was giving away about 1000 battery hens… i cant remember the name of the site but will try find it later

louise789

That would be brilliant if you have the link or whatever. Sounds perfect. Thanks! 😀 x

noeleenw

i assume you want eggs , there will be a poultry sale on this saturday in cooley… look up http://www.louthpoultryfanciersclub.com/ or alternatively get the local trader , €8 is the norm for a laying hen … we have a good few , ds has an incubator and is breeding them ..dont have any for sale at the minute

Fabienne

donedeal.ie is an option.

pookie2

reynoldstown (organic) farm near Naul (see post on things to do with kids) has a poultry sale yearly – beg of Sept??? Lots of dif breeds etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.