Chickenpox & pregnancy? please help…

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! Chickenpox & pregnancy? please help…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

👿 👿 👿 How frustrated you must be!!! Honestly, you would think that they would actually treat you with a bit of compassion, especially taking into account your history, and your obvious concern. There has to be someone "higher up the ladder" who can take your case and actually make things happen!
    There are SO many things that I love about this country…. unfortunately, the health care system isn’t one of them….
    Sending you hugs my friend!

Fabienne

👿 👿 👿
    All my thoughts are with you.
    How could they care less?
    Don’t they know how you must feel?
    Where the compassion gone?

So mad to read about the care you’re getting, all pg woman deserve much better.

Big hugs to your baby to come, your dd and yourself, and the rest of the family.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

The nurse at my GP office did her best but the results were not ready today, hopefully will get them tomorrow.

Sadly, we will not beable to go for our booking appt tomorrow morning. The midwife told me not to come near the hospital unless I had the all clear first. (ironic its them who held my results up by sending to the wrong lab but guess these things happen)

Will chase it up tomorrow again and try to get my booking appt rescheduled, as we were unable to get anyone to do that for us today.

Feel quite defeated now, all that chasing and pushing and made no difference in the end.

missysmum

Sabbi,
    thinking of you tonight, hope you are holding up ok and get good results tomorrow. Fingers crossed you manage to get your booking appt. again asap.

[quote][quote="Taylor5"]On a lighter not, the girl who was with me last week was going to bring her kids to get the chicken pox vaccine last week, but she didnt get around to it…. when i told her you dd has the cp, she was on to gp booking them for their vaccine….. i never knew there was a cp vaccine!!!!!

I had dd vacinated for cp last year, has to be done privately at the gp. Took him about 2 weeks to order in the vaccine and cost approx €90 if i can remember correctly? I’ve had chicken pox twice, once as a young child and again as a teenager. we seem to get it quite bad in our family and i wanted to try and protect dd as much as i could against it although there is a slim chance she could still get it but chances are it would be a very mild case.

Taylor5

Sabbi that terrible, its not right that your treated like that, its there mistake that has caused the delay 😈
    When things go well in OLOL they go really really well but when they go bad, they rightly cock up!!!

I know how much you were looking forward to your scan tomorrow, can you ring the gp or UCD first thing? Will you have to wait weeks for new appointment or will they fit you an emergency one?
    No news is good news xxxxx

Missysmum didnt know, ds1 has had it and ds2 like a weed, so if not cp brewing i might get him the vaccine

Jedt
    Keymaster

Phew….what a relief, got results today and all clear, have immunity to chickenpox so no need to worry about getting it. Also,they managed to squeeze us in this afternoon for our booking appointment so we had our first scan today.

Incredible seeing our baby for the first time. Never ceases to amaze me how overwhelming it is to see that little life on the screen, ours was sucking its thumb and kicking its legs, its a humbling and amazing thing to see. Such an incredible feeling. So excited!!!

So relieved….thank goodness, can relax now and enjoy this pregnancy. 😀

Thanks for all your support over the past few days, all the thoughts and words of comfort really help. Thanks so much. xx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Phew….what a relief, got results today and all clear, have immunity to chickenpox so no need to worry about getting it. Also,they managed to squeeze us in this afternoon for our booking appointment so we had our first scan today.

Incredible seeing our baby for the first time. Never ceases to amaze me how overwhelming it is to see that little life on the screen, ours was sucking its thumb and kicking its legs, its a humbling and amazing thing to see. Such an incredible feeling. So excited!!!

So relieved….thank goodness, can relax now and enjoy this pregnancy. 😀

Thanks for all your support over the past few days, all the thoughts and words of comfort really help. Thanks so much. xx

munchin
    Participant

ah sabbi i’m absolutley delighted for you and great news you got your appointment today too and got to see wee babs!
    How’s DD doing? hopefully she’s over worst of CP and on the mend now

Jedt
    Keymaster

walked into the kitchen earlier and our 3 year old was up on a princess chair, arms in the sink, trying to wash the dishes – think its safe to say she is over the worst of it 😆

Thank goodness past few days over, only now that I am calm and relaxed do I actually realise how stressful it all was.

Reckon early night for me tonight (and for the next 6 months 😆 😆 !)

Taylor5

Great that you got all clear, think it happens alot, dont understand why they dont just do the test as standard
    Delighted your little princess is on the mend, she is like her mammy a real trooper!

libby1
    Participant

Wow – Great relief for you both.. Glad all went well

Relax and enjoy your pregnancy…..

Thinking of you both……………..

Berry

Hi Sabbi,
    Have just seen your posts. So glad to hear that all is now well and many congradulations.

For future reference
    Homeopathic remedies that are most indicated in chicken pox
    ANT TART 30C- The rash is slow to develop and the spots are full of pus. The child is sleepy and may have a bad cough.
    BELLADONNA 30C – Most useful in the first stages of illness. Use when the child has a high temperature, red face, radiating heat – but often with cold hands/feet. There may be a throbbing headache and although tired the child may find it difficult to sleep.
    MERC 30c – A useful remedy if the spots become septic. The child is sweaty and thirsty and often the breath will smell. They will be worse at night.
    PULSATILLA – Usually indicated on emotional symptoms. The child is weepy and very clingy and feels better for fresh air.
    RHUS TOX – The rash is ver itchy and the child is extremely restless with it. They cannot stop scratching and can be extremely distressed because of it. They are thirsty for large quanities of cold water or milk.

Some kids won’t be too badly affected and only require topical cream – e.g. calendula cream or rhus tox cream to deal with the itch or to stop the spots from going septic. Giving them echinacea and good quality vitamin c can boost the immune system and shorten recovery time.

For yourself you might consider some rescue remedy for the shock and trauma of the last week. (I like to put 6 to 8 drops in my water bottle and sip throughout the day – I do this for a few days until I don’t feel the need for it any more).

Mind yourself,
    Berry

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks Berry – we are very lucky that our midwife is also a homeopath so we’ve got the rescue remedy here already, keeping me sane! Well, sort of sane!

Could do with some advice for our other two children, aged 7 and 5, they are not showing any signs yet – if they are going to get it when would it appear on them (it first showed last Friday on our 3 year old) and are there any homeopathic remedies we can give them to strengthen them against it or prepare them for it?

Thanks.

Berry

Hi Sabbi,
    As horrible as it is, it’s best if they get it – then it’s over and done with and they should then be immuned for life. Also adult chicken pox tends to be much more severe. Better now then just as you’re going on hols. (My son got them when my daughter was 8 weeks old and duly past it onto her. Luckily they both got mild doses). It has an incubation period of 7-21 days. If they get it and you’re at all concerned feel free to give me a call.

Enjoy the weekend.
    Berry

Berry

P.S. Give them Echinacea now to boost the immune system so if they do get the chicken pox recovery time should be less.

Berry

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.