cheap break for toddlers

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Travel & Holiday Expert cheap break for toddlers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    busy mum

just wondering if any one know anywher nice in ireland i could take my kids for a weekend……..cheap and cheerfull is my moto :D my girls are 4 and 2………..

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ll let the Experts comment on this one.

Hi Busy mum,

Irish hotels have fantastic rates at the moment and many now cater for children with kids clubs, etc..

Let me know when you wish to travel, how long you wish to stay and how many are travelling and I’d be delighted to forward details to you.

Regards,
    Paula.

mammycool
    Participant

There are no cheap breaks for kids in Ireland. My kids are exactly the same age. I have been doing the break in Ireland for the last 3 years. If you are staying longer than a weekend – try and get an appartment on the grounds of a hotel. That way, you have the faciities of the hotel but a bit of space and you will also get to sleep.

Kids clubs only tend to start around 4ish – so there is nothing for the 2yr old. You need a hotel with a toddler pool.

We stayed in the Clifden Station House in Clifden last year. They have appartments, a pool, a cinema and a playroom for kids. If you go July or August – they also have entertainment on during the week as well. It is a bit of a journey to get there and you would definatey need a car.

The area itself has lots of outdoor activities but again – most things for children would be July and August. If you do not get the weather – very bleak.

busy mum

we are hopin to go somewhere early july but like everyone we have had to tighten our belts alot…….thank you cool mam that hotel sounds great……i always find it hard to find things for my 2 yr old to do…..one of my friends said that the quaility hotel in youghal is nice does anyone know anything about it……

beams

Yes busy mum, we stayed in the quality inn in youghal last year when we were attending cork university hospital with our dd for her allergies. We stayed in the apt. adjacent to the hotel but had free use of the pool / leisure centre and used the hotel for dinner and a quick pint in the eve. They have a baby pool which is nice and there is a creche / play area but you would need to see when they open . There is a tiny playarea to the front of the pool outside containing a slide and a few bits – no swings that i remember. We were only there for a long weekend but it was very roomy and right off the beach and about 15 mins spin to fota ….. would recommend it for a short break and if they like the pool !!- my kids at the time were nearly 3 and 1 . 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.