Chanco’s – NEVER AGAIN!!

Home Forums National Chat Chanco’s – NEVER AGAIN!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    babycam

Went to Chanco’s chinese last nite, They were doing a really good deal, eat all you like for €17.50.
    We went in at 7.30 and didnt get our food until 8.55. We werent even asked if we’d like more drinks. We were just finished our first plate of food (remember, its eat all you like) when we were handed the bill!! We just paid and walked out, The owner didnt even apologies or say thank you for our custom, just took our money and said bye. 2 other couples walked out because they were fed up of the bed service.I would definitely not recommend it!!

trixiebell
    Participant

Gosh Babycam sorry to hear you had a bad night I have always heard good reports about there. Thats awful that you waited so long for your food.
    Was it the usual scenario that they had overbooked (a lot of people would have been out for valentines) and the place was too busy? I know that this was not your problem and you should have been offered a top class service.

If I was you I would give them a call and let them know that you are not a happy customer, and had a bad experience, maybe they will do something for you. If they have any customer service at all, they should.

Hope you get sorted xx

Taylor5

What was the food like? The bit you had 🙄
    Thats terrible i was just about to post up about going for a meal there, only every heard good things about this place….
    i wouldnt have paid 17.50 for one plate of food 😯 hope it didnt ruin your night out…Maybe they were trying to turn the tables over too fast as it was a busy night….

Bookwitch

That’s unusual we had our work Christmas dinner there and service and food were great.

babycam

I was there before, a long time ago and I agree that the service was good, But this was not the case last night,
    It was definitely well over booked and they couldnt cope, although they had enough staff, It could have been because of the weekend that was in it, But it just put me off going again unfortunately 😕

Yvonne

I’m actually surprised to hear this! I have been to Chancos a few times and it was always really good!
    I think alot does have to do with the night you were in, but I know its not the point, or is it right!
    However I definitely wouldn’t have paid the bill…. you should ring and complain about it…..

MUMMY5

I was there on Saturday night, second time and first time was fine. Hear great reports from family and friends. But Saturday nite seemed far too busy. We went in for 9.15 and were standing for ages waiting on a table. Another group of 4, then 2, then 2 came in also around same time. Everyone waiting. Did get a nice table, food was fine. But when we ordered second drinks we saw them on the bar for ages before someone brought them over. Had to call someone, eventually, to ask them to bring them over. They seemed a little flustered alright.

My sister went last night, hadnt a booking but called in and they had a table until 7.30pm. However, after a silly wait for starters (food nice though), the main didnt come. Another table beside them having same problem. She left money to cover starter and drinks but walked out. They tried to talk to a waiter/waitress but they were being ignored. She was disgusted.

We were talking and maybe its the ‘eat all you want’ thats causing mayhem in the kitchen or something. I know we got smaller portions of 4 starters to try something new. Maybe its easier when its just a simple starter, main, desert etc.

Wasn’t impressed too much and she definatley wasnt.

babycam

I’m sorry I paid on Sat night, We would have got better service in Mcdonalds , And I’m not exaggerating!! It was just a joke,
    Was talking to a few people that were in it since this "eat all you like" menu began and they’ve all complained, they really need to get their act together..

Taylor5

Well we are booking there for our night out, i will be asking to speak to the manager before i book and i tell you any of that shit on the night…. they wont get a euro out of me, cant speak for the rest of the girls but thats shocking

babycam

Tangos all the way!!! I know its more expensive but worth every penny! And the manager is so pleasant,

happymumblemum
    Participant

I would recommend telephoning and ask to speak to the manager, it sounds to me like a classic case of staff calling in sick at short notice…possibly one or two waiters and a chef…completely throwing an already busy night in to turmoil.. absolutely no excuse though as they should have been pulling out all the stops in this scenario, free drinks , desserts , coffee etc and the manager being a large presence in the dining room talking to customers and orchestrating wait staff like a sargeant major.

Lack of experience and training in these situations.

Defo call and let the manager know of the bad night…at the very least a good manager would offer you a free meal if you returned and then absolutely schmooze you making sure everything was perfect.

But then again they just may not be arsed. They won’t last much longer though in this day and age if thats the way they run an eaterie.

Regarding posts about Harrys I ate there a few weeks back and found it was superb in every way. The manager is super and definately very approachable..they also reserve areas etc and am sure would be happy to do some deals.

babycam

I wouldnt even waste the telephone call by ringin them, It was the manager that I had given the money to and he basically snapped it out of my hand and never said a word, All he cared about was the money, He didnt give a s*!t if customers were happy or not. I cant see them changin their act to be honest. All they can see is €€€€€€€€€€ !!!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Well they won’t be lasting long then 😯

If the manager is like that then there is no hope..still be worth a phone call though?

Its always the same story more people talk about a bad experience to others than a positive one, so its very important in the industry to correct a customers bad experience as soon as possible and try to turn it around.

I used to run staff training courses in the Merrion Hotel on this and develop standard operating procedures for for each and every thing that could go wrong in every scenario in order to recover the customer experience so to speak…it was the same type of procedure in Disneyland , when things go wrong as they invariably can it was sooo important for the customers experience to end on a positive.

Taylor5

i agree hmm i had very very bad food in a local hotel a few weeks ago.. i emailed them, they were very sorry how we were treated and asked me to contact the manager and he would "look after me" ….. i told them thanks very much i wasnt looking for a free lunch but was very happy that they offered iykwim

beams

After reading these posts i wouldn’t be spending any hard earned money there 😕 Also, just my thinking but the OT girls appetites will have shrunk so much i dont think they will be running up for plates and plates of food so it mightn’t be the value some think it is – 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.