Census 2011, happening Sunday April 10th

Home Forums National Chat Census 2011, happening Sunday April 10th

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

The next census takes place on Sunday, April 10.
    The 2011 Census of Population will take place in Ireland on Sunday,
    April 10 next and everyone in Ireland on that night must be included.

How does the census take place?

A census form will be delivered to every household in Ireland by a census enumerator in the weeks before April 10. You should complete the form by filling in the details for each person in the household on census night and to keep the form in a safe place until the enumerator calls to collect it.

Who is included?
    Everyone is included. A census form must be completed for everyone in Ireland on census night. This is the law.

Is it confidential?
    The information provided on your census form is completely confidential. None of the details supplied by any individual will be disclosed to any other government department or agency. Census information is only provided to other organisations in the form of statistical data and cannot be used to identify any individual’s personal data.

You can visit the 2011 Census website at http://www.census.ie for further information.Here’s a link to our website where you can obtain our logo with a link for your website:
    http://www.census.ie/-and-Communities/C … 147.1.aspx

munchin
    Participant

got our form last night

happymumblemum
    Participant

Funnily enough I will have an extra 3 adults and 2 kids in my house on Census night as I have relatives staying from the UK.

Do they have to be included and if so why?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Don’t know HMM, I don’t think visitors are to be included, they would not be reflective of the actual population if they were included.

You can check out the Census website to see what that says, the link is above.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Did that already cannot see it saying any where about visitors from Overseas…but I am happy to be corrected

munchin
    Participant

oh good question HMM i know they say you’re supposed to incclude everyone in your house plus people who are usually present and explain why they are absent (i think) i’ll have a look at the form tonight/tomorrow

libby1
    Participant

I too will have vistors my sister and her friend from America… i think they are included must read up and see

Taylor5

Funnily enough I will have an extra 3 adults and 2 kids in my house on Census night as I have relatives staying from the UK.

Do they have to be included and if so why?

Yes they have to be included, think its just to judge how many visitors in the country at any one time… but tbh if you didnt add them in who would know??
    If your staying in a B&B or hotel do you have to fill one out?

munchin
    Participant

there is a small section on the form for "usually live abroad" to be honest i’d ask them when they are giving you your form cause it’s not all that clear – well in saying that i only really glanced at it. They won’t just delvier the form, they have to get your name, contact number etc so ask whoever is giving you your form

happymumblemum
    Participant

Just wont count them in feck it

_LANA_

a bit of topic but have any of you looked at the 1901 or 1911 census ,i think it great seen my great great granfather handwriting ,have to say he was a lovely writer and what he worked at ,and my granmother name on it to she was only 2 back then ,its great to see ,so remember when your filling out the form in a 100 years someone might be looking at it and saying thats my great great granfather granmother lol ..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.