Celeb mums losing baby weight quickly – worrying??

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Celeb mums losing baby weight quickly – worrying??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … women.html

Celebrity mothers who lose weight quickly after giving birth put pressure on women

Super-slim celebrity mothers are putting women under pressure to lose their baby weight too fast, a report warns.
    Many feel compelled to crash diet almost as soon as they have given birth, potentially putting their health and well-being at risk.
    Almost two-thirds of new mothers said they felt a degree of coercion to slim to their original size as soon as possible, a survey by the Royal College of Midwives found.

Many said seeing celebrities such as Strictly Come Dancing’s Tess Daly and singer Myleene Klass lose baby weight so quickly made them feel disgusted with their own bodies.

But experts warned that crash dieting is extremely unhealthy and can leave new mothers too exhausted to look after their babies.
    The survey of more than 6,200 new mothers, carried out with the Netmums website, also found that 61 per cent said midwives were too busy to give them advice on what to eat before and after giving birth.
    Eighty-four per cent said the advice given was ‘poor’. Last year Miss Daly was pictured showing off her extremely toned body in a bikini just ten weeks after giving birth to her second baby Amber.

Janet Fyle, a midwife and policy adviser at the RCM, said: ‘Crash dieting has health consequences.
    ‘Women are going to feel very tired, they are not going to be able to look after their baby and they won’t be able to properly recover from pregnancy. They should eat normally for the first six months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … z15g18442X

Taylor5

just look at Danni on x factor… wow she looks amazing!!! Baby only 4 months old 😯 😯 😯
    My ds is 2 and i still have the baby weight…. if thats too fast, whats too slow ❓ 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

I reckon though they all have nannies and can get expensive organic pre prepared food hand delivered 3 times daily..we’d all loose the weight rapido 😀

laura

I have to agree with both sides of the story in this one…as a new mum i know how hard it is to find time to yourself, and if fitness wasnt my job, i know i would find it almost impossible to get the time to go an exercise.

However, as a fitness instructor i know from the inside how good exercise and releasing endorphins makes us feel, and i see every single day new mums coming to the class, with a bit of sadness in their face because their body is not what it used to be… after a single class the leave radiant, happy and all geared up to work hard to get it back.

Yes, celebrities have the time and the money to have personal trainers and nannies, and that is the reason why they get in shape so quickly.

we dont have pt or nannies… but i think we should never use that as an excuse… plan your 3-5 exercise weekly sessions on your timetable and make sure your partner, friends or relatives can look after your little ones during those times.

And with the food, is all down to planning… plan plan and plan your meals…

believe me ..it is doable..but it requires commitment

Daisy37

I agree with Laura, it does take some planning to get organised with meals and exercise but its worth it.

I love to get to an exercise class when I can, always feel better afterwards. makes it worth the effort to go.

I think we should stick to the idea of 9 months up, 9 months down. that is a sensible approach and means we are not putting any pressure on ourselves to lose the weight too quickly after birth.

it sets a bad example when celebs are back in their skinny jeans a few weeks after birth – its unhealthy.

although, I also believe in exercising when pregnant and eating a good diet so there is not too much weight to lose afterwards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.