Cay Beach Sun Apartments,PB ,Lanz

Home Forums Louth Chat Cay Beach Sun Apartments,PB ,Lanz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bibi

hi ,

just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Cay sun beach apartments in Playa Blanca Lanzarote.

we are going there on 13th June for 2 weeks cant wait[:D]

thecons

Hi Bibi. Stayed there about 5 years ago. Playa Blanca is lovely, quite small but very pretty. You can get the Ferry to Feuerteventura from it for a day trip quite cheaply. You don’t say if you have children with you. The apartments are quite nice, like seperate little houses really, pool is nice and clean although the kiddies pool is quite deep. The apartments didn’t have all that much going on in them when we were there but that suited us fine. If you’ve older children, they might be a bit bored. It’s about a 10 minute walk down to the main part for the restaurants etc and is extremely windy so bring something for the evening time. Enjoy!

Bibi

Hi thecons,

Thanks for your reply to m y post , I was starting to think no-one ever stayed there 😆

Our dd will be 3 when we go , we normally go to Costa Teguise but could not get anything under 2k , we got this holiday 2 wks for 1300.

I was just very worried that we were a good bit out further than a 15 min walk ..

Are the Irish Pubs good , which would you recommend. ?

bibi

thecons

Bibi, your 3 year old should be fine, but be careful of the kiddies pool, it is quite deep. My youngest was 2 at the time and couldn’t stand in it! Unless it’s changed much over the last 5 years, I don’t remember any pubs as such… You probably don’t want to hear that! I do think there was an Irish Bar though. There’s a sister apartment quite close to yours, sun something, you can’t miss it, it’s got a big dome where they have the entertainment for both places. We didn’t bother going over, had 2 wee one’s with us so we were just happy chilling out. The beach is grand, but small. You might wonder when you’re on the beach why most people sit further away from the waters edge than usual. Sit close to it and you’ll discover why…! When the ferries are coming in, the waves get quite big and you’ll get caught unless you make a run for it. Bring a blanket and buggy for the 3 year old at night, it’s quite hilly and extremely windy so it does get cool.

Bibi

if its anything like Costa Teguise we will love it.
    Just nervous about going somewhere different. 🙄 but we are going to give it a go.I brought the buggy and blankets and foot muff with us last year she loved the buzz of it all :):) lol

thecons

Bibi, just remembered that when we were there, the other end of PB was opening up a bit with restaurants etc. There’s a Lani’s there, on the harbour and it’s beautiful but don’t walk to it, take a cab. Not sure what else is around that end of it. You can get the bus during the day into Puerto del Carmen but the buses are seriously unreliable! We waited over an hour for the bus to take us there, and ended up sharing a taxi with others back to PB as the bus never arrived! Great shopping in PDC, Zara, Mango and loads more. I think you’ll enjoy, but it is quiet enough. You got a good price though so can’t argue with that. If I think of anything more, I’ll let you know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.