cat scan???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ruby

went to doc last week due to really bad migraine headaches ive been having…..also had few dizzy spells….anyway got referred to the neurology dept in hospital…..they did few tests and have said that i need a cat scan….awaiting apt which should be in couple of weeks……ive never had anything like this before and just a bit nervous…..just wondering has anyone out there had one???……is it scary or not????……how long does it take and will i need a full day off work or just few hrs??????………not even thinking about the results yet!!!!!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Don’t panic, these things usually turn out to be nothing major so try not to worry.

A cat scan will have you lying on your back and going into a kind of a tubular scanner machine. You will have earphones on your head and the radio will be playing and you need to try to relax and breath evenly and the staff looking after you will tell you what to do and when.

It only takes a few minutes and is not that bad at all. the tube is quite high up so you will not be squashed, you will have plenty of light and air to breathe.

Just relax, close your eyes and think of something nice – like a holiday you went on and loved? something that will bring happy memories and keep you calm.

I always go back to my honeymoon – walking around in the pool and splashing my new hubby. that was the most relaxing time in my life and whenever I am worried about something, I close my eyes and pretend I am there. When I was in labour, it worked a treat!!!

Hope that helps a little. Its really not that bad and it will all be over before you know it. HTH 🙂

Financial Companion
    Participant

Unlike an MRI scan (which is a lot noisier andyou slide into a tube) the CT scan is a lot easier as it is open both sides (kind of like sliding along a conveyor belt through a giant polo mint!) so nothing to worry about at all. Just relax and enjoy the peace 😉

ruby

thanks for the replies girls….ye have put my mind at ease………im quite looking forward to meeting a giant polo mint!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 ……have apt for friday so hopefully all is ok..

Financial Companion
    Participant

Tip – Don’t lick it passing through, Ruby….it’s not really a polo mint 😆

And on a positive note, you have reminded me to ring and book my annual MRI scan. I relax so much in the tube, they usually have to wake me up when they slide me out 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

how are you keeping Ruby? hope you are ok

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.