Carol Services

Home Forums Louth Chat Carol Services

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    missysmum

Just wondering if anyone can advise re nice festive carol services, when and where etc. Suitible for adults, children or both?

Many thanks.

libby1
    Participant

Most of the schools have them – i know Fatmia School have one of the 2oth in St Marys Church and Congress Av have one on the 23rd in St marys Church

Taylor5

I would look at the church or Ireland churches, they always have the best carol services

Anonymous
    Inactive

Our school has a lovely service on two nights to accommodate everyone. A beautiful service, love the children singing.

Taylor5

Everytime i hear kids singing carols and just bawl crying….. cant help it!! Feeling really really sad and tearfull today, cried my eyes out watching the vt’s on xfactor last night….. was driving with ds today with the xmas tunes on and i started to cry 😯 😯 😯

Maria30

Oh Taylor, glad I m not the only one. Everytime I ve heard a Christmas song over the last few weeks I cried. Ds1 has his school Carol service next week so I m sure I ll be crying again as usual.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yep me too, I go up to Midnight Mass in Tullyallen and the last couple of years made the carol service prior to it ..I sit and BAWL through out it all..I look like someone who has lost her whole family or something..its quite embarassing really…

Especially Silent Night..gets me every time..have wet eyes just typing this 😆

missysmum

Thanks Girls, will check out the suggestions…….I’m a cryer too!

Taylor5

Oh Thank God… dh asked me the other day was I pregnant 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Ds was singing Frosty the snowman for his school concert, he is very shy and doesnt like attention, i was so proud that he would even sing for us and i cried…. i KNOW if i see him standing as a group singing in front of strangers i will be bawling my eyes out!

Maria30

Oh girls you have me crying now.

We go to the childrens mass on Christmas Eve in St Marys Church and I always end up crying at it. Dh thinks I ve lost the plot totally over the last few weeks with all the crying. I even cried when we were decorating the tree 😳 😳 😥

Maria30

Taylor,

You will be bawling when hes up on stage singing. Bet you cant wait to see him, love the little shows they do for Christmas.

Taylor5

Oh girls you have me crying now.

We go to the childrens mass on Christmas Eve in St Marys Church and I always end up crying at it. Dh thinks I ve lost the plot totally over the last few weeks with all the crying. I even cried when we were decorating the tree 😳 😳 😥

Ah here is your sister… ds1 asked why was i crying, dh said "oh women cry when they are happy!!!" then ds2 "started to cry too, saying he was so happy he wanted to cry too!
    Havent been to St Marys might try make it this year

munchin
    Participant

lol Taylor you’ll be in floods when he sings on stage! I remember crying watching the video of my niece – that was until she grabbed the childbeside her telling her to "sit down it wasn’t her turn " 😆 😆
    i found a card from mil when my dd1 was only 3 weeks old, she passed away in aug 09 and i don’t remember crying last xmas but i ended up in floods this year.
    To be honest i don’t know why it is such an emotional time but we all seem to feel it.
    would like to make a carol service myself – will have a look

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.