Car Seat Rules & Regulations….

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Car Seat Rules & Regulations….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

gosh that’s mad the guards don’t know the rules!

I know! :shock:

Jedt
    Keymaster

http://www.aoninsure.ie/car_insurance/b … ts_ireland

Very informative for anyone with a baby or small child or child up to the age of 11 about what the law requires for children in cars.

Thanks to Aon Insure for putting this together.

Taylor5

It doesnt state about children who travel in the front seat in a booster… When i carpool i have to put my 7 year old in the front seat in a booster, he is very tall he is over 4ft tall, im 5’4 and he is up to my shoulder.
    I would love to find out if he is allowed travel in the front, i know the law allowed it but i think it has changed

Fabienne

Sabbi I didn’t know about caT seat 😆 😆 😆
    Taylor, I think there is a very ridiculous rule, about been allowed in the front in Ireland only from age 14!
    worth to be checked as I really don’t know for sure.

Let me know, curious about it.

Taylor5

Would you believe i rang the Garda Station about this a few weeks ago as a neighbour said i could get penilty points with ds in the front…. 2 Garda had a chat and they hadnt a clue, they guessed that maybe he is better in the back, but i said if i have 4 kids in the car can the biggest child go in the front in a car seat…. im sure its okay is what i was told!!

munchin
    Participant

gosh that’smad the guards don’t know the rules!

twink
    Participant

The law is that if a child is required to sit in the front seat of the vehicle, they must be in a suitable seat for their age and must be restrained ie. seatbelt or appropriate child restraint- to be sitting on the chair and not in a seat then they must be 150 cm or a certain weight(?) , but if you look at them in the seat, the seat belt must be fitting them safely, you will be able to see if it is not. hth

Maria30

The top fella from the AA was on the radio a few weeks ago talking about this ( I cant remember his name). He said exactly what twink said and also suggested putting the front passenger seat back as far as you could if you couldnt switch off the airbag as the airbag going off could cause injury to a child if they are too close to it

Taylor5

Thanks Girls my seat is well back, he is 7 and up to my shoulder, he sits on a booster seat…. did anyone see the Daily Star a friends daughter was in a crash, a 20 tonne truck crashed onto her daddys van, she unclipped her belt and jumped over onto her daddys lap, seconds before the truck crashed down on the van!

libby1
    Participant

Omg

Thats horrible – Shock of it all 🙁 🙁

Taylor5

I know Libby, she didnt even go to hospital, there was a doctor in a car behind. The mam said she has a little bruise on her hip and on her arm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have any of you used a Tiny Traveller car seat insert? http://www.teddyandme.co.uk/company.asp?ID=102 It is recommended by midwives and Special Care Baby Units – ideal for smaller babies as it supports the spine, head and body and can be used in a buggy or swing seat too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.