Car seat for parents with bad backs!!

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Car seat for parents with bad backs!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ta Sabbi. Was at ob-gyn for last cgheck-up & took your advice & called to Mothercare , Drogheda & very nice man checked my carseats & I got another. Worth it for peace of mind….

Said he was impressed by our new(er) car – Peugot 5008 – as it fitted three seats well in middle row. Just in case anyone shopping for new car. Also E200ish road tax & 1.6 Diesel….

Jedt

We have this car seat for Summer and had to give it a mention because it is just so clever. It rotates, so when you are taking baby out of car, you do not have to lean in and twist your back – you can actually turn the car seat sideways, so it faces you.

It is just so clever, we love it and it reclines too and is very comfy and our baby loves it, she sleeps well in it on long journeys.

here is the link fyi – http://www.mothercare.ie/maxi-cosi-axis … quard.html

If anyone looking to change car seat for a baby from around 9 months – 3 years, this is a great one and its on sale at the moment with 60 euro off.

pookie2

Can it still revolve if there is another car seat beside it (a highback booster one)? The joys of having a car full of car seats!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Pookie

Yes it can still revolve once its positioned in its own slot.
    If there is enough room to fit it initially it will have no problems moving, as the seat revolves in its own fitting – if that makes any sense.

In other words, no other seat would impact on it.

Jedt

Have to add, it is very clear when its fitted in properly because a little green tab pops up but if it is not fitted right, it will not show the green tab. Also, it will only revolve one way at a time – so you can have it set to revolve towards the door on the side of the car its situated in but other kids in the car will not be able to move it in their direction. So there can be no messing with it.

Hope that makes sense – its very safe and secure and our baby can sleep well in it too because it reclines. Its one of the best car seats we’ve ever had – and we’ve had alot!!!

MaryE

I have one for my dd & love it.

So easy to get dd into car, even when shes having a tantrum -lol.

Jedt

Was he a Mayo man with glasses pookie? I’ll bet that was Tommy, he is a gent and really knows his stuff!

For anyone who wants their car seat checked FREE of charge – you can come along to the Mumstown Bagel bar coffee morning Tuesday 7th May, as the Mothercare guys are coming to do free checks.

If that does not suit, you can call into your local Mothercare store anytime and they will check your seats for you, free of charge

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi all
    very nice to hear your positive comments so thank you.has anyone any suggestions re any products or info you would like me to bring to mumstown event next tuesday ?hopefully i can answer any queries and and build your confidence fitting your own seats.i look forward to meeting you all.
    regards
    tommy

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had so many mammies & daddies ask about this car seat so wanted to push this post up. Its just a brilliant seat, even when a parking space is tight, I can get baby in and out easily. Highly recommend it and must give a thumbs up to Mothercare – they were so good to fit it and show us how to do it ourselves too.

I had to take it out a few weeks ago and I was not sure if I had it fitted back in correctly, so nipped into Mothercare and got the guys to check it for me and they were so nice about it. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.