car insurance

Home Forums National Chat car insurance

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    scole1

well its that time of year for me anyway where i do the old ring round….got my car insurance in which is usually the cheapest to get its4women.ie but it’s not, the cheapest one i got that matches my current extras etc on my policy with excess of 125e is with topquote.ie

i’ve tried quinndirect, no nonsense.ie, bestquote and got quoted 2056e yeah i swear madness, zurich, 123.ie
    still to try a few more any recommedations

have found most want excess of 500e, then extra costs if want breakdown, windscreen, bonus protection etc so quotes starting at 350very very basic -all the way to the mad 2056e

i know this has changed due to the new policy brought in ref gender equality, but i do very little mileage, have no claims ever driving 12 years and on own insurance since and don’t have an expensive car etc….i dunno….suppose gone are the days when women got the cheaper quotes etc…most places if you phone aren’t bothered matching quotes really…

Fabienne

A quote for 2k, in a few years at that rate you can buy yourself a very good second hand car!
    Did you say the value of your car was over 50K to get a quote like that. It’s madness.

For us it’s may.
    But we only have 1 car on my husband name, he first arrive here with his car, got insurrance for him with me as second driver. We drive it really 50-50 each. Last year tried to have insurrance on my name, changed my mind pretty fast. It was the same quote as a new driver. So hope we’ll never buy a second car as won’t be able to afford insurance.

Fabienne

scole1

i know it was madness, i think i will contact the insurance company directly and say to them that best quote is not doing them any favour…

well it is certainly worth phoning around, in total i compared 10quotations i’m sure financial advisor would advise perhaps more or happy with that amount of comparisons

out of them all 2 came to the post where similar to my current cover, and they were topquote.ie and allianz, surprised with allianz tbh, but i will wait until i get written documentations and have a read and then go from there….

munchin
    Participant

i’m with allianz and have them to be quiet competitve over the years

Taylor5

I got my quote in today its gone up 250 since last year, i rang them and the checked all the details were correct and i was told all the costs went up in Dec, and we are high risk!!! Eh, in our late 30’s driving a 1.8 family car doing less the 10km a year, will full no claims, she did say a full no claims gives you a 60% discount!! God love anyone without one.

I will check out that site, i have 3 weeks…. dh said he isnt paying an extra 250e for nothing 🙄 🙄 🙄

Jedt
    Keymaster

tesco and no nonsense gave us good quotes, we went with no nonsense in the end.

if you call your provider and tell them you got a quote much cheaper, 9 our of 10 times they will match it.

play them at their own game and threaten to take your business elsewhere if they do not match or better last years quote!

beams

123.ie gave me the best quote. I was with AA for years but their quote this year was justscandalous and i was so annoyed that i didnt even bother to ring them – if they cant quote me properly why should i ring them and re-enquire about the quote !!? I just dont understand that ! Anyway after i’d bought my insurance with 123.ie AA rang me and i told them i had changed supplier as their quote wasnt acceptable – again the rhetoric – " you should have rang – we could have done better " ….i told them if you cant do it right first time TOUGH im taking my business elsewhere !

scole1

taylor i think you are with the same crowd as me its4forwome.ie?? and mine went up about the same as yours, madness but rang round allianz was the cheapest saving 200e on my insurance and waiting on documentation to make sure all the extras are same as current policy, i noticed i could get cheap insurance once i took excess of 500e, and had nothing extra like windscreen cover etc etc…

but defo ring round….i know it’s gone up with the new equality thing butseriously regardless of gender if you have x amount of years driving, no claims no points on licence surely there should be up sides to that??? and not whether you are male or female

Jedt
    Keymaster

we got the extras like windscreen cover and just as well as got a chip in the windscreen during the year and had it fixed at home and did not affect our no claims bonus.

its amazing companies putting prices up in this economy….so annoying!!!

boo

Its cheaper to have a couple on insurance than one person, I’ve no idea why but it is.

I’m insure.ie they’ve always given me the cheapest quote last year it was €400 this year €420 when I renewed in October, fully compwith windscreen cover and rescue service, my husbands was similar, we have both changed our cars in the past two years from bangers to much newer cars insurance didn’t go up with the higher value of the cars.

I always ring around, tell the broker who your house insurance is with that often gives you a discount. I have found that AA insurance are the most annoying because they won’t quote you on line the want to phone you and keep sending letters in the post.

scole1

have to agree they are annoying and keep phoning and sending letters with the wrong spelling of my name, i corrected it, and then went to to spell my surname wrong…..
    don’t use brokers have done before and were dearer than calling directly

Taylor5

i went onto insure.ie last night, i got a quote with them underwritten by the same company im with now…. i got a quote then a phone call this morning offering me another 20e off if i bought today, i was 400e less the my renewal and about 150e less then last year, its the same cover, stepback, windscreen and breakdown, excess is 50e higher, but saying that im very very happy!
    I had set 500e (allowing for the hike in policies) by in my budget and was shock when the renewal came in so expensive.

scole1

It just shows it pays to call around and get a quotation for a few places

Taylor5

I know it really does go to show, what is bugging me is that its the same company who the policey is with, it will be insure for the other car when that is due later in the year…. house ins due in April that should be fun, not hearing good reports on peoples renewals for this year

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.