Car Garages – shop around

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Car Garages – shop around

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Girls my car went for its nct yesterday and failed due to brake calipers, went into Renault on way home got price 550 :shock: :shock: :shock: He gave a discount down to 475!!!
    I went to 3 other places and got a call this morning saying 240/250 plus the vat… was happy with this (not renault parts but spurious parts).
    I got another flyer in the door for a place in drogheda so I gave a call he said he would do all in for 235…… I rang the 1st place back to cancell my booking for tomorrow morning, the girl said she would to see if he would match the price as the part was ordered already…. so my car is going into Cadwells (great looking place up near the nct centre) in the morning.
    Im delighted with my saving and it doesnt seem so bad now….. shop around girls and dont be afraid to ask for discounts or haggle the prices
    Feel like I got a bargain

mumof2

Well done Taylor5 its very true to shop around. But feck that is some difference from the original price 😆 😆 😆 i bet your alot happier now. 🙂 🙂 🙂 any tips on cheeper car insurance. mine is up for renewal soon and have tried a load of companies but cant seem to get a better deal.

Taylor5

Yeah 25plus.ie are brilliant. the only fault I have with them is that they dont send a renual notice, it was just luck I checked the date on mine if not i’d have been driving without insurance….. very very cheap

yummymummy

taylor by law you HAVE to get a renewal notice 21 days before your renewal is due!!!! contact the financial regulator if you so wish to inform them of this breech!!!!!

i find jlt.ie very good for car insurance. they are a broker (i am not affiliated with them)

ed1
    Participant

I am with 25plus.ie and I get a renewal notice by phone, email and letter…..

They are so cheap..

Taylor5

Ed I go nothing no email, phone call or letter….. the girl on the phone did say sorry but if I hadnt checked one evening and noticed my insurance was up THE NEXT DAY…. I would have been driving about with no insurance….Dh is with them and his is due in Jan so waiting to see if he get an email or letter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.