Can anyone recommend a Periodontist?

Home Forums National Chat Can anyone recommend a Periodontist?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I recently went to the dentist – have not been in years. I have a baby tooth that has finally decided to fall out and also my front teeth got loose when I was pregnant.

The baby tooth will fall out and there is another one on the way – teething at 38! The "dentist" told me that my teeth were perfect but that the loose ones were going to fall out and there was nothing she could do for me. Major shock!!!!!

Anyhow, have since found out that there are lots of things that can be done to keep my teeth but I need to go to a Periodontist. I have got a letter from the doctor and sent to the Dental hospital – they have a bit of a waiting list but apparently, if you can get in, everything is free.

I am going to try the private route for a proper consultation and just to see how much any work would cost but do not have thousands to spare for my teeth!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Mammy Cool

I have a number from a private Dental Consultant I used years ago in Dublin..he was amazing when I had a Dental Absess. I was referred to him by an old dentist of mine and he treated me free under my old work VHI.

Apologies I do not remember his name or anything but he was so good and kind to me that I kept the number in my phone.
    01 2604635

I hope he/ the practice is still there as this was over 6 years ago now.

Best of Luck

Taylor5

The Northbrook Clinc in Ranelagh in Dublin is brilliant, i attended Cliff Bernie he is brilliant and i was fully covered under then Bupa now Quinn…. they have about 5 dentists or more working from the clinic… i got a general done there to get my wisdom teeth out i got my xrays, op and aftercare in the one place… brilliant care but very expensive but they do a full cover policy with the health insurance
    Good luck

mammycool
    Participant

Thanks – will see if I can get an appointment with either.

Martina
    Participant

Smyth & Thornton in Newry are excellent. I go to Rosemary Thornton, takes a bit of time to get a first appointment but she’s lovely and if you need to go further you will be refered up North. Its half the price!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.