Calling All Mums…… please read

Home Forums National Chat Calling All Mums…… please read

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Fine Gael want to cut child benfit and also put a rubbish health system in place which means it could cost more money to look after our kids..

http://d1117573-5.cp.blacknight.com/wp- … bourad.png

i would be incline to vote FF again…. :?
    What will you do????

Financial Companion
    Participant

I don’t think a lot of people are viewing their vote as a straight party poll, for example, I’ve heard many people express that they may not be in favour of fine gael’s policies or do not think Enda Kenny will make a good leader, however, they believe that Fergus O’Dowd has done great work for local people and they will vote to make sure they have a good hard working local voice in the dail!

Anonymous
    Inactive

have to agree most people are looking for local people who work hard for local people to get the votes…..and as they say don’t just vote 1, 2 but fill them out to get as many in as possible.

MaryE

I really feel that you should never Vote for someone just because they may be good for your area in particular, you should vote for someone who would be good for the whole country. Its that thinking thats got us in this mess, we need to be thinking of the bigger picture now. We cant be so selfish or we are just as bad as the corrupt politicians.

Taylor5

Im Voting for FG (Fergus O Dowd) im voting for the local person…. but saying that if FF had Jesus himself up for election in the local area they wouldnt get my vote….
    I will give labour and independents my 2nd and 3rdvotes… but i will not vote for FF, The Greens or SF, I just cant, the latter as it goes against everything i was brought up to believe in, they are and always will be terrorists in my eyes….. the other two because they had the chance and Donkey’d it up

I dont like Enda Kenny but i will have to get over that as i do thing FG are the party to try get us out of this mess, but it wont be an easy job

Financial Companion
    Participant

Mary, the point was more about people local that we can actually see that have a good work ethic. You can only vote for the candidates in your constituency. If the whole country adopt that approach it should lead to a group of hard working like minded people. Unfortunately, there are many will go to the polls today having notresearched the candidates much and will vote based on the small picture they see on the card. Having a nice picture or spending lots of money on a marketing campaign does not qualify someone to run a country. So if the best guideline we have in choosing is that we know someone to be hard working and honest in the area they represent, it’s not a bad methodology.

MaryE

Good Point Financial controller.

My point is dont vote for the local politician because you like him or think he will get something personally to help you, when you dont agree with the politics of his party. Anyway ive made my point.

I googled every candidate to read up on them and their policies.

Im still laughing at what i read about about a certain christian candidate – he didnt seem to have any policies except to bring God to the dail -lol – then again maybe he is right, maybe its just what we need – divine intervention.

mammycool
    Participant

I think that no matter who get in – it is going to be a tough couple of years. Based on the polls – it looks likely to be a Fine Gael / Labour coalition. Whether another coalition is a good or bad thing, remains to be seen.

I would be totally against SF because of their history and I will not give them a first preference – but, I will give them my last vote. The system we have in this country means that after the 1,2,3 get in, they look at transfers to get the next candidates in. If you do not fill in a number against all the candidates – other people who do, will decide who gets in next. So, if there are 10 candidates – list them 1 – 10. The ones that you really do not want should get your number 10.

mammycool
    Participant

Actually, was anyone watching Frontline the other night? I was only flicking but there was a very interesting woman – lecturer in one of the Universaties, talking about voting for the local independent.

She said that these people go up with a specific platform, something that they want to push through locally. In reality, if they get into government, they have to vote on everything. They do not tend to give a position on the national topics and you have no idea how they will vote on these.

Prime example – Jackie Healy Ray and Michael Lowry. They got a say in the budget, banking and the imf deal – they supported these but only to get their own agenda through.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Good point Mammycool 😉 I agree, it’s going to be a tough couple of years no matter who gets in.

Mary thanks for the promotion, I’m now a "Financial Controller" 😉
    I agree with your method, if everyone did more research on the candidates, there wouldn’t be as many slipping through the net.

Told to me by dd this week, her friend wants to vote for a certain young candidate "coz he looks hot in the poster"! 😯 😆

Taylor5

Good Point Financial controller.

My point is dont vote for the local politician because you like him or think he will get something personally to help you, when you dont agree with the politics of his party. Anyway ive made my point.

I googled every candidate to read up on them and their policies.

Im still laughing at what i read about about a certain christian candidate – he didnt seem to have any policies except to bring God to the dail -lol – then again maybe he is right, maybe its just what we need – divine intervention.

MaryE i was laughing at him too…. God bless him, i gave him a vote but only my no 10.

I do think if you look at the likes of FF being in Government and Dundalk having a Minister, they got all the big investments, Xeros, The DIT etc…. If you look at what party is going into government, its better to have a rep from that party elected in your local area, you really get more then areas without a TD in Government
    We had Seamus Brennan and Tom Kitt in FF, Seamus was a brilliant man and really really looked after local issues

mammycool
    Participant

It is nice to see so many young and new faces going up – for years it was the same old faces and the same old policies. Also, nice to see a few more women candidates – not sure that many will get in – still a very sexist country.

soccermum

Just read your posts and I have to agree with Mary, we must look at the bigger picture this time round.
    We need to ask ourselves some questions like what did the children in this country do create this mess? Nothing so why cut child benefit. What did the disabled do? Nothing so why cut disability allowance. What did the ordainary worker do to be penalised with such high tax hikes? Nothing. Why should our children be sitting in prefab classrooms in 2011? Why do we keep hearing about a two tier health system? When in reality we have a three tier system, those who can afford to pay, those on medical cards who get it for free and the PAYE worker who cant afford to get sick (due to pay cuts). Why go on and on about getting the banks lending again to help small business(shops, hairdressers, cafes etc…)back up on their feet? When in reality people dont actually have any disposable income to spend. Why are Td’s getting 90000euro a year? When everyone else is struggling by? Why are people losing their homes and the bank officals and property developers are getting off scott free?

If you can find answer to those question maybe that is the party we should see in power.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.