Calamine has been very effectively used for large variety of mild skin problems for generations. Calamine contains zinc oxide and it is a light pink colour. Often calamine may separate on standing and should be shaken before use. It available in a oil based lotion and a water based cream. The cream is a thicker consistency and therefore a thicker layer can be applied to the skin, where as the lotion is runny and applied with cotton wool and allowed to dry in. It is an extremely handy "all-round" product to have in your bathroom as it has so many uses that you may not be aware of!
– Chicken pox: Apply to skin to help relieve the itch associated with chicken pox.
– Body Rashes: Apply to minor rashes to soothe burning sensation
– Acne: Apply before going to bed it will help soothe irritated and inflamed skin. It is also effective in treating blackheads.
– Sunburn: Helps to calm down and soothe reddened, itchy sunburn.
– Poison Ivy
– Insect Bites
– Eczema/ Dermatitis: Calamine will keep the skin dry and aid the healing of eczema. The astringent and antiseptic properties in Calamine are particularly good for eczema.
Calamine can be used on all age groups and is safe to use in pregnancy.
Available in Lotion 100ml & 200ml and Cream 100ml