Calamine has been very effectively used for large variety of mild skin problems for generations. Calamine contains zinc oxide and it is a light pink colour. Often calamine may separate on standing and should be shaken before use. It available in a oil based lotion and a water based cream. The cream is a thicker consistency and therefore a thicker layer can be applied to the skin, where as the lotion is runny and applied with cotton wool and allowed to dry in. It is an extremely handy "all-round" product to have in your bathroom as it has so many uses that you may not be aware of!
– Chicken pox: Apply to skin to help relieve the itch associated with chicken pox.
– Body Rashes: Apply to minor rashes to soothe burning sensation
– Acne: Apply before going to bed it will help soothe irritated and inflamed skin. It is also effective in treating blackheads.
– Sunburn: Helps to calm down and soothe reddened, itchy sunburn.
– Poison Ivy
– Insect Bites
– Eczema/ Dermatitis: Calamine will keep the skin dry and aid the healing of eczema. The astringent and antiseptic properties in Calamine are particularly good for eczema.
Calamine can be used on all age groups and is safe to use in pregnancy.
I remember having the calamine lotion dabbed all over me when I had chickenpox as a child – its great that you can get it in a cream now, much more user friendly than cotton balls and dripping lotion everywhere!!!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Manage Cookie Consent
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.