Butlins

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

We were hoping to go in June – 3rd week or so – but not fixed to dates. 2 adults and 2 kids(4 and 2).

I did look at the Haven but don’t fancy a caravan – prefer an appartment. I would love to go to France but my dh is a big wuss and is afraid of flying and thinks the trip by boat is too long.

thanks

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

Has anyone gone to Butlins in the UK on holidays in the last few years? We have been doing the break in Ireland for the last four years- since we started having babies. Anyhow, a bit bored with Ireland now, want to go somewhere further afield and have something of interest to the kids – they will be 4 and 2 come this summer.

Is this something that you would recommend? Do the ferries bring you anywhere close?

thanks

Financial Companion
    Participant

when ours were that kind of age mc, we used to go to France a lot. Some of the sites are fabulous with loads for the kids to do and the weather usually much better than here or uk (further south you go, hotter it gets in France). dw not a lover of boats so we would go dub-hollyhead then drive down and get the shuttle through the tunnel and drive from there. Did it towing a trailer tent but many times did it on the sites that provide mobiles. Haven were very good and some fabulous sites (not to mention great choices of cheap wines 😆 ) If you didn’t want to drive, you could fly to paris and stay in one of the sites near disneyland and visit it a couple of times, think "ranch davey crockett" was one we stayed in near there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moved to Travel Expert – Platinum Travel should be able to help.

scole1

haven seems to be the place for the english holiday…perhaps the travel expert can help ya

Taylor5

My ds keeps seeing the Haven holiday centre advert on the tv and thats where he wants to go….. or to a forest in a tent 🙄 Any nice forests about?

Fabienne

I can confirm, France has some great spots for tourism.
    And all (or all outside city centres, some even in city centre) Mc Donalds and Quick (same but european franchise) have great great play area.
    When we have to drive a lot, we always pick Mc Donalds for lunch break, kids can use all their energy there and not in the car.
    And it’s always open, as in France it can be difficult to find a place to eat outside the french eating hours (12/2pm and 7pm/11).

The ferry to France, it’s long but not to bad, they have small play area, and you can walk, move around.
    In the summer usually th esea is not too rough.

But to answer your post, I don’t know about butlins.
    Fabienne

liz

Hi I Haven,t been to butlins but we have been to the haven in whales and i have to say it is great for kids we stayed in the hafany mor complex which is 40 mins drive from the boat on a main road easy peasy.their is a asda close by so you can stock up on all the bits and it is such good value an endless list of things to do and the smaller kids realy love all the characters and the shows, also has starbucks to ill go anywere theirs good coffee a great hol for the kidsx someone mentioned forests centre parks we went to sherwood forest has all the stuff for the kids and a spa for the adults lovely forest setting unbelievable wildlife great family holliday for all ages x

Hi Mammycool,

I’d be delighted to check this out for you.

What date are you hoping to travel and how long would you like to stay and I’ll send some details to you.

Regards,
    Paula. 🙂

Hi Mammycool,

I’d be delighted to check this out for you.

I’m at the Mumstown event ion Dundalk tomorrow morning but will work on it when I get back in the afternoon and will PM all details.

Talk to you soon 🙂
    Paula.

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I ended up booking a Haven resort in Wales – Butlins turned out to be a 4.5hour drive after the 3 hour ferry – hell with small kids. Anyhow, this particular Haven has appartments. We got a great deal because we booked before the 5th March. One week, 2adults + 2kids, ferry + holiday for 550 euro. Generally spent more than that renting a holiday home in Ireland.

Hi Mammycool,

Delighted you got sorted – the kids will have a great time there 🙂

Regards,
    Paula.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.