Butlers Chocolate factory tour – very good!!

Home Forums National Chat Butlers Chocolate factory tour – very good!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We went on the Butlers Chocolate Factory Tour today in Dublin and it was so nice!! A great way to spend a few hours learning about chocolate and seeing it being made & packed and of course, tasting a lot of it!

One of the best things I can say about this tour is on the way there, my 9, 7 & 5 year olds were squabbling in the car. When we got there, they were hopping about like little nutters (before the sugar) waiting impatiently for it to start and driving me mad but once it started, they were gripped and so well behaved.

They were entranced with it – it lasts about 2 hours and they were never bored. It starts off with a movie about chocolate, followed by a tour of the factory, a trip to the chocolate museum with a competition and questionnaire (which my 9 year old really liked), there are lots of tastings along the way and the chance to decorate your own chocolate bunny at the end.

It was very good and in the 2 hours it went on, not once did they whinge or complain, they really enjoyed it. Their Nanna loved it too – and the chocolate was fab. Really good fun, a very different kind of day out with the kiddies. Would recommend.

My 9 year old said to me on the way home in the car that he had a great day out – so thats a big thumbs up from us!!

libby1
    Participant

I brought a group from work there on Thursday we had a great time ,

Cafferys do a tour as well , they are off the redcow roundabout.
    And i see Ritchies are doing tours as well – but they are closed for month of August..

Jedt
    Keymaster

Ritchies? As in Milky Moos minty chewy sweets?? Oh that takes me back!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.