Bus Eireann website – mental restrictions!!!

Home Forums National Chat Bus Eireann website – mental restrictions!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I wanted to book some bus tickets for my family as we are going into Drogheda one evening next weekend and decided to take the kids on the bus as a treat – I went online to book because its cheaper but it will not allow me to book the tickets because going from Meath to Louth is a cross-border journey and is not allowed to be booked online!!

Its 2013 and they have this kind of restriction on the bus ticket booking section of their website – no wonder they are in trouble!

Its funny because it says on the top of the page ‘Travel anywhere in Ireland’! But I guess they mean travel anywhere, as long as its within the same county…. :?:

mammycool
    Participant

Go on the train!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

If I could have I would have but no train station here! We went on the bus and there were no family tickets available on this route it cost us 14.60 for a 4 mile bus journey with our children and the taxi home cost us 14 euro.

Hows that for ridiculous??!!

Bookwitch

That price is outrageous Sabbi I think like myself you grew up travelling on Dublin Bus where service is frequent and cheap public transport outside of the capital is a joke

Jedt
    Keymaster

It was the difficulty of it as well – I went online and emailed them and called them to find out bus times and prices and it was like trying to get access to top secret information.

We had planned to get return tickets, we were going in at 5pm and coming home around 8pm but the last bus home was at 6.15pm so we had to get a taxi. Though, the taxi was cheaper and was more convenient so don’t think we’ll be hurry to get the bus again!

I usually get the Matthews coaches into Dublin, so fast and they leave every hour. They provide an excellent service.

mammycool
    Participant

Wow – that is very dear!!! Is it any wonder that they are in trouble!

I am a born and bred Meath woman and avoid public transport like the plague!! In saying that, there was never any where I lived so the only optionwas the car.

I actually have a train pass – which I never use – cos I would have to drive to get to a train station.

lellykelly

I always use Matthews coaches and agree that they are comfortable, clean and provide an excellent service. The one thing that really annoys me though is that they have no child fare. I think its disgraceful to charge €14 return for a child.For a family of , that would be 70 just to get to Dublin & back. They also seem to pride themselves on customer service, but I have had to contact them on three separate occassions over the past few years and have never received so much as an acknowlegement from them!

Jedt
    Keymaster

No child fare option?? no way – that’s awful!! I’ll have to get on to them about that….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yep indeed, no child fare option on Matthews coaches! I emailed them to ask if they have or may have family tickets in future and they said nope.

If there is a family of 2 parents & 3 children, they can buy a 10 ticket pass which costs €60 and can use 5 passes on the way in and 5 on the way back – so it would be €60 for a family of 5.

If a child is under 2, there is no charge but over 2 is full price.

I think you could probably get a taxi for that price!!

Fabienne

Or drive and pay car park for that price. No great when we try to be pollution friendly to be forced to drive rather than using publinc transport.

Fabienne

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.