Bumped out from MLU

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Bumped out from MLU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pollytartt

Hi Tracy, I am 36 (+5) and was transfered from the MLU the other day as I had developed high blood pressure and protein in my urine although no cause was found and all the blood tests were clear. I am disappointed but resigned because when they scanned me they reckon that the baby is measuring a little small for my dates. I am now attending OLOL twice a week.
    I just wanted to know what I can expect from the CLU labour ward. I was feeling so at home in the MLU and it seems so much busier down there! Many thanks.
    Polly.

Taylor5

Polly that terrible but its done with the best intrest at heart, the clinics are very very busy but the labour ward is lovely. Why dont you ask could you have a look at the labour ward, even ring the MLU and explaine how your feeling about the move

pollytartt

Thanks Taylor, I will take your advice and see if I can have a look around soon. At this stage though I don’t really care where babs is born as long as the outcome is a healthy baby. I just wanted to check out the similarities and differences between the two wards. I am certaintly receiving the best of care at OLOL, having appointments twice a week now! Cheers.
    Polly.

TracyDonegan

Hi Polly,

I know how disappointed you must be. One of the biggest differences with the MLU & CLU is that you probably won’t have met your midwife before but the staff on the CLU are fantastic.

The CLU does tend to be busier BUT there are times when it’s empty….so you just never know. You can still use the bath/shower downstairs and mobilize as much as you want and you’ll have a private room for the birth. If you get a chance do go and have a look around so that you feel a bit more at ease with everything.

Best of luck with everything !

Tracy

pollytartt

Thats great, thanks!
    Polly. x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.