Buggy transport problems…

Home Forums Louth Chat Buggy transport problems…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about problems getting around the town whilst pushing a buggy.

How do you find the footpaths?

Is it easy to navigate your way around?

How could it be made easier for you – what improvements could be made?

Are there enough traffic lights for when you want to cross the road?

any comments would be most welcome, I’m writing about it for a local paper and want to hear from Drogheda parents.

thanks,
    Siobhan

redbells

Not buggies but sort of related – get a photographer to go with you on some of the stair pathways on the southside, some of them are kips, rubbish and broken glass everywhere! The one on the Donore Rd (going towards the Martello tower) is terrible, as is the one off Clinton’s Ln. Could you not do a Fix It column where the photographer takes photos of things that need cleaned up or fixed and see how long it takes til it gets done? Run mention of it every week until it gets sorted?

Yvonne

It cracks me up when people park across the pedestrian crossing on Dyer Street! Never a warden around – I don’t use a buggy anymore, but it really annoyed me when I did… and the fact that not everyone stops at a pedestrian crossing.

Taylor5

Well as a driver and a walker, I think the new west street is a million times better to walk about with a buggy. before the renovation it was a nightmare now its fantastic.
    But the driving is a nightmare, the traffic is backed up Peter street all the time, who ever came up with the plan to put 4 zebra crossings withinn yards of each other need there heads knocked together 🙄 Those very zebra crossings do my nut in, do people not know how to use them ❓ 👿 People just walk out without looking and expect the driver to stop, when if fact you should stand and wait for the traffic to stop not the other way around and people crossing them at angles bakes my noodle, I felt like driving over an ould on the other day, must be the hormones 😳 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Biggins

Worst part of the town is along the quay from the (now closed) Sound Shop back up to Shop Street. The path is way too narrow. There is totally stupid and now useless old cement bollards on the path. Its cracked in places and is always log jammed by people on busy days, some who have to constantly step onto the mad (too) busy road just to get past each other.

We have three kids. Two of them sit in a double buggy so you can imagine without too much effort, that it is an even worse nightmare for us just to get down to Scotch Hall.

Who do I complain to in the corpo’ because by God I am quite willing to do it! 👿 👿 👿

Yvonne

Have to agree with you Taylor, 4 zebra crossings so close was madness! Traffic is always ridiculous on Peter Street because of it.

Biggins

The yellow boxes around the Trinity Arms are also another sad example of a joke.
    The street planners might have saved themselves paint money for all the drivers that end up right in them stopped!
    We used to for years, live in lower Mell. Crossing from one side of the street to the other became a daily swerving contest for us pushing buggies and hand-holding kids around and in between the trucks, cars and motorbikes that are still to this day encamped within yellow boxes that are supposed to be kept clear.
    We still have to try and fit buggies and kids in between the bumpers of cars that are so far up each others backsides in the yellow boxes that sometimes, it is us that has to wander out onto the road further than we should according to safety procedures.

Stick a traffic camera on those boxes and the local corpo’ will make a fortune in any one week in law breaking traffic fines!

Jedt
    Keymaster

hiya,

thanks for all that – so much to think about and write about!

any more ideas most welcome. will have a look at those zebra crossing’s today…

thanks!
    Siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Many thanks for your contributions on this issue, the article on getting around with buggies went out on this weeks Drogheda People paper.

Copies are available around the town free for you to pick up – enjoy!

Thanks again,
    Siobhan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.