bt to vodafone

Home Forums Louth Chat bt to vodafone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    angelmum

has anyone else recentlybeen switched from bt to vodafone on home broadband and phone.i had a perfectly good servive with bt for a number of years.about a month ago the service switched to vodafone home and the servive is terrible.we can be without our broadband for full days and there is always interference on our landline so much so that it is impossible to make a call.im constantly on the phone to customer care and its becoming a real pain in the arse.i had no broadband service all day thursday or yesterday and am only backup and running in the last few minutes.its a joke.has anyone else seen a change in the service since vodafone took over

trixiebell
    Participant

oh angelmum, I wasa going to change my home phone over to vodafone, might leave it with eircom so… thats a terrible service 👿

mumof2

Angelmum im really sorry to read that. Thats terrible at this day and age. I too switched over about a month ago as well and havnt seen any change thank god, all has stayed the same no problems. Get them to check your line in the technical department or other than that I cant think of anything else. Hope all works out for you. Its a pain in the a** when the phone or bb is down.

Taylor5

I cant understand why your like this, am i ignorant but was it not an automatic change over… ie a take over of BT by Vodafone??? Dont know how your line is affected as its all the same systems iykwim.

Have you looked into the Wimax system thats up and running in Drogheda, think Imagine is the name of the company…. cheaper then vodafone and im sure a better service.

Just a thought did you get them out to check your line…. my mam has terrible trouble with water affecting her line

odie

Angelmum, know exactly how you feel. We had been with BT without any issues since we moved to Bettystown. Since Vodafone have taken over we have been without Broadband on numerous occasions which is a pain as I regularly work from home. I have also noticed that the speed has dropped dramatically. Things taking way longer to open/upload or download.
    Haven’t had any issues with the phone service though.

Taylor5

Odie im the same now that you metion it… the broadband speed has gotten terrible over the past few weeks! no phone issues but net running alot slower

angelmum

hi guys,only back online.to answer your questions have had all the checks done on line and on modem and as i knew they were alright.when it works,it works well enough apart from being so slow but i just cant hack this being without service for days at a time.anyway the story now is im switching back to eircom,3 of my neighbours have eircom and no problems and at the end of the day eircom own all the lines so i would expect it should work out…..hopefully……

Taylor5

would you not try that wiimax system, net speeds are ment to be much faster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.