bring a toy, buy a toy. all welcome

Home Forums National Chat bring a toy, buy a toy. all welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pinata ruth

Hi all,
    I know this is really late notice. There is a terrific event being held wednesday the 27th at 2pm to 4.30pm in strinagh hall (directions below). Its all in aid of love without boundries and my Mum is organising it. All you have to do is bring a unwanted/used toy that you are ready to pass on and then purchase a toyu another boy or girl has given up. There is loads of other things happening aswell, raffle, arts and crafts, teas & coffees, games, play area, pinata busting (of course) and loads more. It is going to be a great fun event and everybody is welcome.

thanks
    ruth

DIRECTIONS: leaving drogheda head towards tullyallen/collon. When you reach the M1 roundabout the collon exit is just after the slane exit. This is the collon road, keep travelling, pass the turn on the left for Tullyallen, pass the turn left for mellifont abbey. Then a very sharp bend in the road to the left with a road on right too monasterboice, after this bend take the next turn left. It will be signposted for strinagh. The hall is one mile up this road on the right, also signposted. You can’t miss us and see you there.

pinata ruth

Have you’s all been clearing out the back of the presses??? Hopefully we’ll see you’s all later and judging by the amount of scones/cupcakes/muffins we are expecting a big turnout. see you all there.

Moonflower

great idea…have been thinking of having a clear out myself…would of definately gone but have to go somewhere else today now…please let us know how it goes & if your mum organises any more.

pinata ruth

It was a great afternoon and went without a hitch. She will be having another one next year at the same time so keep it in mind. My grandmother made lovely scones and mam had managed to get donations of cupcakes and fresh strawberries from other stal holders at the markets we do, so that kept the mammys happy. The toy swap was a huge success and my ds couldn’t get his head around the idea that he couldn’t take them all home!!! I did manage to bag a lovely train set for him and he hasn’t stopped playing with it since. Sunshine orla came and did some reading for us, big thanks orla. The pinata busting was an even bigger success than anticipated, i mean the kids were actually screaming the place down!!!! thanks to all the mumstown mammies that came and hopefully it will be bigger and better next year.

xxx ruth

Moonflower

great stuff…sounds lovely afternoon…your pinatas are fab Ruth so sure they were a sucess!

Taylor5

i never got to get out, had dh home for the week so routine went out the window 🙄 🙄 🙄
    Ruth your pinata went down a treat all the kids LOVED IT… it lasted ages (put blindfold on the bigger kids)

pinata ruth

thanks taylor5, glad to hear they had a good old bashing session. Don’t worry about the ‘bring a toy, buy a toy’, i’ll just put your name on the top of the list of attendees next year. 😉 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.