Breech position with 3 weeks to go.

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Breech position with 3 weeks to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JMum

Hi girls,

Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of breech babies. Do you know if they attempt to turn them if you have previously had a c section? I am in for a scan again on Tuesday and am getting a bit anxious – does "turning the baby" hurt? It seems a bit weird to me, I’d rather let the baby make up their own mind about the position they are in! And what about complications…what if the cord gets caught around the neck or somthing? Would appreciate any help or advice.

scole1

jmum, not sure really how they now turn the baby, i was breech baby, that was 28yrs ago and the litterally turned me round hand up during labour and grabbed me out, my poor mother, she was in so much pain she said she didn’t give a damn what i was or didn’t even wanna look at me…lol…..

but thankfully they don’t do that nowadays, i think the massage the baby round but really not sure, ask them when in…..hope all goes well, i’m in tues too and then follwing fri 19th june in for section…when are you actually due???

best of luck though

JMum

Hi Scole,

Due on the 27th June – but would imagine I’d be going earlier than that. How did you manage to get booked in for a section?

scole1

ah my original date was the 25th june, so in afew days earlier…. they booked section on my first visit, coz of last time, i had a 3rd degree tear so not allowed to labour so that’s why they booked section…

would you prefer section? why not mention to them when you’re in….hope baby will turn for ya though…

yummymummy

As far as i know they try and turn the baby by pressing on your tummy (ie no hands invloved inside) to turn him/her around.

scole1

jmum just read over my orginal post, sounds real bad me saying hand up there, don’t worry they won’t do that to you, as yummy says just press on belly….

found this on line hth….funniest one get ipod, put it in pants and play music baby will turn to hear…lol……

just get other half to shout up you better turn or else…..lol…

http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com … reech_baby

yummymummy

Oh that is HILARIOUS, shou up you UGH!!!! the images.

the music might work though!!!!

hope your scan goes well and baby turns for ya.

scole1

😆 😆 sure anything is better than nothing…..

JMum

Ha! Well we’ll see whats the story tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

cathmc1

My first birth was a home birth and he was in a breech position (but not fully breeched), about 1 month before I was due. If he had stayed in that position I would not have been able to have the home birth.

The home birth midwife told me to get down on all fours and let the top part of my body rest on my elbows, basically your bum is in the air. This gives the baby space to turn, if he is going to turn naturally.

I watched telly in this position every evening, I looked hilarious. I also sat on the ball and never on a chair (the ball naturally makes you sit forward and not back). It worked for me, but I am not sure how far he needed to turn to get in the right postion. I was not aware of him moving, it must have happened when I was asleep.

Thankfully he was in the right position when I was checked at the following check up and I was allowed to have my home birth.

I know my sister-in-law (in Holland) wore a necklace with a little bell on it. As her pregnancy progressed, the bell would be hang lower and lower until eventually it was below her bellybutton. Same idea as the ipod, the baby may follow the repetitive sound. Best of luck

scole1

well jmum how did ya get on

JMum

She turned! Hurray head down and ready to go. Now, lets hope she stays that way!

Thanks for all the advice everyone x

cathmc1

Fantastic news – all the best

scole1

ahh that’s great, the shouting worked then lol…….

Moonflower

Hi Jmum,

just wanted to wish you very best for upcoming weeks! i just spotted your post on here about breech baby, so glad babes has turned.And you are having baby girl! wow! i saw C yesterday with her little boy she looked great!

havent been on here much over last few months but tehy ahve flown by & i didnt realise you were due so soon.

Wishing you my very best blessings for a safe arrival of littel one. Hugs to J.

Moonflower xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.