Breastfeeding, ok where do i start!!!!!

Home Forums National Chat Breastfeeding, ok where do i start!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Happymammy

I know i couldnt beleive it, i think it was a mam that posted it to be honest about his collegues wife. It would make better sense as men are not to understanding when it comes to babies and boobs! 😆 Still though if it is a women theres no hope for her being so naive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ggggrrrr. One of my pet hates is mom’s (& dad’s) who judge eachother. I know we all do it to a certain degree but really, our jobs are hard enough without added pressure. 👿

Taylor5

God love that person or their partner, do they think you just pop a baby on your boob and awaywith you…. some woman just can do it, its as simple as that.
    God you dont beat yourself up if you cant, you buy formula and mammy and baby will be happy.

Oh in a perfect world 🙄

scole1

sorry not too sure about that, if i’m getting it right or wrong….but was that person saying that people who formula feed are bad parents and why have kids if you don’t breast feed…..

if that’s the case don’t get me started that’s just flaming pig ignorant…..

it’s people personal choice if they can breast feed then fair play best of luck if not it’s not the end of the world and baby gets plenty from formula….

a friend of mine thinks that breast feeding is un-natural 😆 😆 😆 she says her boobs are her own…..makes me laugh everytime it’s the most natural thing in the world.. 😆

some people are just plain dumbassess to be so flaming pig ignorant…

noeleenw

i tried breast feeding ds ended up very frustrated with very hungry baby and very sore boobs gave baby formula and got cabbage leaves for inside my bra… i had the opinion that at least i tried ( and failed) 😳

EJ

I BF’d all mine, but only for a few weeks each, and I’d say if you can do it for any amount of time, its great! If you decide to bottle feed, thats great too, just don’t beat yourself up whatever you choose. Mammy’s happiness is incredibly important to baby!

If you are trying it, I’d say as soon as baby’s out and back in your arms put him or her onto the breast, it’s what they advise in the hosp as far as I can remember, its easier to go from breast to bottle, than bottle to breast should you change your mind after a while, and its great to have the option anyway.

Breastfeeding is handy in the early day’s as you’ll not be going out and about so much, and during the night you wont have to get up and make bottles, you can just take baby into bed, give it the breast and doze off again, I’d often wake to find a baby asleep in my arms, they just POP off when they’ve had enough! and its funny seeing them looking for the breast too, they go headbanging around with their little mouths open untill they get it!

When latching on, the trick is to get the end of the nipple, as far in to the mouth, as you can, and make sure baby’s mouth is wide open so you can do this, its when the little buggers catch just the tip of it in their lips and try to suck that it hurts like hell – they’ve even drawn blood – ouch!

And dont mind what THEY say! Whoever THEY are, MILs Aunts, Sisters… do whatever you feel comfortable with, if you want to supplement with formula after a while, if you feel babys too hungry for you to cope with, do, if you want to move onto formula after a few days, do, if you want to pump milk, so daddy can feed baby, do, trust your own descisions, theye are lots of options, and you’ll be a happier mammy in the end of the day coz only you know whats best for you!

scole1

i agree with EJ baby needs a happy mommy, so really see how it goes and take it from there….

Taylor5

I bf my ds and had fab (if I say so myself) 34DD boobs, even at 30 odd had boobs of a teenager, but after bf I have spaniels ears… 34bish boobs. Told dh I’ll be getting a boob job after our baby days are over, but saying that I’d bf again

I couldnt give my baby formula 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Moonflower

Same here Taylor…….my boobies are now a 34b…..just about……so wonderbras for me from now on!! My bf in uk had a boob job about 6months after having her baby…..she was always very small about an aa cup but after she got used to having bigger boobies with the breast feeding she just couldn,t go back to wearing vests…….she is now a D cup 🙄 and very happy with the results!!!

while we are on subject of breastfeeding……i was so so disappointed with the laytown breast feeding grp when i tried to join back in early days with DS…….the nurse there was so rude and off handed……made me feel so uncomfortable, didnt welcome me etc……I tried it 3 times and each time same nurse was there with just one other mum and came away each time and had good cry in car on way home…….please please if this nurse is reading…….can you be a bit kinder and welcoming to us new mums…….makes me sad now every time i think of it…..coz so many people meet wonderful friends at theses grps and get fab advice……i just felt like an outcast!!

anyone else please add your positive stories of these groups…….i know most of them are…..maybe I just got unlucky, so dont want to put anyone off going as a lot of mums who join these grps tend to breast feed for longer because they have the support network when things get tough.

Sweetpea

Hi moonflower,
    I know exactly what you mean about the laytown clinic, i went a couple of times in the beginning with DD, only because i got the impression from the same PHN that if i didn’t it would be the worse thing i could do for my DD, 🙄 🙄 so i went and as you said came away feeling very disappointed. There were a couple of mums there but they seem to have known one another and their little ones seem to be older than DD was at the time, but as far as i could see the PHN was of no help, just very black and white with her responses. Decided to say away and get my advice from a couple of close friends who were just down the phone line for me. It was a shame really because it was all new to me and in the first couple of weeks it would have been good to have support closer at hand…… but c’est la vie….we got thru it and came out the other side all the stronger.
    BTW i have heard she retired around christmas (i am assuming you are refering to the older of the 2 PHN)

Moonflower

Oh I am sorry you had similar experince Sweetpea 🙁 …..as I say it still brings a tear to my eye now at how i was treated……but it wasnt the older lady, she was ok it was one of the younger PHN……she rudely told Dh to get out when he carried baby into room for me, i knew he wasnt allowed to stay but coz I had very bad tear i foudn it very hard to lift DS in babyseat and couldnt sit to drive…so Dh just dropped me down in car and popped me inside door with baby and then when I went in to weighbaby, i asked if i had to take his vest off to be weighed (i know it sounds silly now but being a new mum, all is so strange)…..she was so sarcastic to me and made me feel stupid…….and never said a word about how the grp works just did the nurse bit and when i asked what do i do now she just said to sit outside and wait for any other mums to arrive…..so it was just me and her for a while and she never said a word to me……just left me sat there…… 🙁

As you say never again…..hopefully we have both learned from this experince…..I know I am so much stronger now……..If I have another baby I know now what is an acceptable way to be treated so will not allow anyone to talk to me in that way again…..

Taylor5

I was told when I was leaving the hospital that they also have a bf clinic, it wasnt on while I was there but was told I was welcome to call back in someday.
    I didnt demand feed, I fed every 3 hours and this didnt bode well with the "real bf’er",but it worked for me and both mammy and baby were happy

Sweetpea

Its funny after all this time and all the publicity and general talk about BF and supporting new mothers etc etc etc….. 🙄 🙄 🙄 you still come up against people in the one area you think you might get the best support and help and they still manage to let you down. 😯 😯 I know it doesn’t apply to all and i am not taring them all with the same brush by any means (i met some lovely midwifes in OLOL and wonderful help) but there shouldn’t be any of them with that attitude working with new mums 😡 😡

Taylor5

In my job I would have had to deal with alot of phn and doctors, I have an idea who that was in Laytown and she was always a grumpy cow! She would be really short with us bordering on rude, one day she had a problem with a perscription and she was sooooo nice to us, we did sort her out and the next day she was a rude as ever 🙄

Sweetpea

There was 2 different PHN there during my couple of visits and have to say neither of them would inspire any confidence. I got more help and advice from friends who are nurses or were new mums around the same time and of course you lot on here too

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.