Breakaway in Ireland

Home Forums National Chat Breakaway in Ireland

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne

Hi, thinking of heading somewhere around the country for a break, can anyone suggest somewhere that is child friendly and would have plenty to do? Thanks!

Gismo

Westport is lovely..there is a nice hotel there and a national park which has loads for little E to do.

tulip

Hi Yvonne,

sorry I am not sure how old your children are. If they are old enough I would say a Shannon trip would be very exciting for yourself and for your children.
    I don’t even have a child yet but when we did the Shannon trip (check out the Emerald Star website) we passed plenty of boats with children.
    If the weather is nice, it is an absolute phantastic trip and there are loads of things to do along the way.

fiona
    Participant

hi yvonne – we have just left the ferrycarrig hotel in wexford. got a great mid week deal and during mid terms they have a great kids club running. before booking anywhere ask them have they kids clubs, gives the mums & dads a break also.

Taylor5

The Ferrycarrigh is fab and well worth it. The shannon is great we did a weeks on it a few years ago, but I wouldnt feel save with young kids, we used Derg line cruisers and they were wonderfull boat.

I was going to say Westport too, the Breafey house just a few miles from Westport, its a lynch hotel and do great offers and they have a great spa, some offers you get a free treatment. Dont think the Park or house will be open at this time of the year, we went in March and it was closed
    HTH

Yvonne

Thanks for the tips, will check them out… my DD is 3.5 years, and like you Taylor, wouldn’t feel safe bringing her on the Shannon…

Taylor5

There were loads of kids on boats, but they were Germans and their kids seemed better behaved then the Irish kids 😆 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

😆 😆 😆

tulip

Funny you mention the Germans… that’s where I am from.

Well 3.5 is probably very young, the kids I have seen were probably 6 or seven and they were all wearing the life jackets.

rossylisa

just back from waterford it was brilliant and tramore is only a few minutes away say it will be brill in the summer

Taylor5

Oh God Tramore my parents had moble homes down there, we had to go down at the start and end of the season to clean them for renting out……. I get horid flashbacks when I hear that name 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.