Braxton hicks at 31 weeks?

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Braxton hicks at 31 weeks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brenda2011

Hi, I have been really uncomfortable for the past 7 hours,with pain very low down in my groin & what feel like i imagine contractions feel like,a lot of tightening. i dont really know what to do with myself,ive gone back to bed & taken paracetamol in the hopes that i will sleep it off.

Any tips other than hydration & lying on your left side,that seems to be suggested a lot on google.

I have never felt like this in my pregnancy before & since its my first i have nothing to compare it with but I guess i would know if i was in in real labour rather than false labour,wouldnt i ?!!

Fabienne

Call the hospital and ask them.
    Don’t stay with pain you don’t understand.

Jedt
    Keymaster

its probably braxton hicks but to be on the safe side, give your hospital a call and ask to speak to a midwife. this can happen when you are tired & stressed so try to stay calm.

if it was labour, the contractions would become stronger & regular. best thing to do is call for advice now and that will put your mind at ease.

let us know how you get on.

Taylor5

I had mild labour pains for weeks due to the high fluid levels. Braxton hicks are more on and off then lasting 7 hours.
    It could be a bladder or kidney infection, i would ring OLOL and see what they say. They might ask you to come in to stick on a monitor for an hour or so and a urine sample to rule out infection.

Let us know how you get on, hope it clears up soon x

Brenda2011

Hi again,pains went after sleep so am feeling better.am going for my 32 week check up tomorrow so will mention it then & they were talking about maybe scanning me again as they said im measuring abit big so hopefully they will be happy with my bump,thanks again for all your good advice

Jedt
    Keymaster

There may be some homeopathic remedies you can try to keep you calm, Bernie Condon is the resident homeopathist on here, her website is: http://berniecondon-homeopathyinlouth.ie/

She might be at the bagel bar event in the morning in Drogheda, if you are free before or after your appt, pop in if you feel up to it.

take care and get lots rest.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.