Bought Bag of Rolo’s and they have chemical on them!!!

Home Forums National Chat Bought Bag of Rolo’s and they have chemical on them!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Happymammy

Hi girls
    Last night I bought a bag of rolo’s in my local shop. When I opened the bag and everyone dug in we all spat them out straight away as there seemed to be pain stripper or some sort of chemical on them, the bag did not smell when it was sealed but when we opened it up it is so overpowering!! It actually makes your eyes water. Dont know what to do. My 4 year old ate two of them as she ran out to play we gave her a glass of milk and she was saying Mammy theres a yucky taste in my mouth!! and the rest of us where left with our mouths burning. I have the bag sealed now in a dunnes bag and you can smell the chemical through the bag I can only describe it as white spirits or something stronger!! Its sickening.

Anyone any suggestions? Ive rang nestle and got no answer.

yummymummy

send the bag of rolos back with a letter stating your case and register it!!!

that is totally ridiculous in this day and age!

Yvonne

Thats ridiculous – keep ringing them, but would send them on by register post with a strongly worded letter.. and maybe advise the shop in case they are all like tha!

Happymammy

I will, I bought them in the new Eurospar but it wasnt them because it was only when I opened the bag the fumes came out! Will send them off today and keep trying to get them. I would hate if a child fell ill over that!! 🙄

Happymammy

I will, I bought them in the new Eurospar but it wasnt them because it was only when I opened the bag the fumes came out! Will send them off today and keep trying to get them. I would hate if a child fell ill over that!! 🙄

Taylor5

That doesnt sound great I’d get in contact with The euro spar and I’d even ring the garda… I know it might sound ott but what if it was a weirdo out there tampering with the sweets.

I wouldnt send them off, try ringing Nestle again and they will send a rep out asap. If you do send them by post dont send them all hold some back

Happymammy

Oh really do ya think I should ring the garda? My daughters godfather was actually here lastnight and he is a garda and he just said go to Nestle about it. He said he could find out about getting them tested but sure you can smell it that there is a very strong chemical on them without the hassel. We are not sick or anything but our mouths where burning! 🙄 🙄 Trust me to pick the packet that the weirdo has tampered with!!!!!!! 😯

Taylor5

I dont know but if he didnt think you should report it then go with him, I could have been s problem with cleaners used on machines….. Keep ringing nestle you should have gotten through by now

Happymammy

I emailed them and I got a reply to send the product to a place in City west. Will do that and see from there. Bet they wont tell me what it is! 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.