Bootcamp – a wobbly mammy’s diary.

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT mams.ie Weight Loss Support Group Bootcamp – a wobbly mammy’s diary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Day -1….

Feeling a tad nervous about Bootcamp in the morning Labfitness
    Tried to prepare this week by doing some brisk walking and a bit of light jogging – that was going fine but then got ahead of myself and tried to do some push up’s. It did not go well – I could not even manage one decent full one!! Oh dear…..there may be trouble ahead!!

Will fill ye in after tomorrow’s first session!

munchin
    Participant

Well how did it go Sabbi?

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 1:

Oh deary me….that was tough!! My body is in shock 😯 😯

I expected it to be a challenge but it really was much tougher than I thought it would be. I thought I was somewhat fit but its clear to me now that I am not!

I managed to go at my own pace and was able to do most of it (not very well, but just about managed it) but some of the exercises were very difficult for me. I literally could not do them properly due to the annoying extra weight in my tummy area.

If I learned one thing this morning, its that I need to be there. My mummy tummy needs major work and my overall fitness levels need alot of work too.

Cannot say I am entirely looking forward to 6.30am Wednesday morning but I am not a quitter – I am in for the long haul and by the end of 6 weeks, I hope to be feeling leaner and fitter. 😛

munchin
    Participant

fair play Sabbi – you should be well proud of yourself!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I must look a wreck, my hubby is making me lunch with a cup of tea!

Jedt
    Keymaster

ah – its kicking in now, I am knackered. Think I’ll be going to bed same time as the kids tonight…

Jedt
    Keymaster

Ouch…under my arms. Ouch….my shoulders. Ouch….my bum and back of my legs. Ouch in general. 😯

As my 21 year old sister said to me yesterday, ‘no pain, no gain’ – bit hard to listen to that coming from her as she is a fit little size 10 who reckons she understands what its like to get fit after having 4 babies!!! 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 2:

Got up at the crack of dawn again and forced myself out the door. Its not easy getting up at 6am for bootcamp but have to say, it was not as bad as Monday morning.

Headed over to Lab Fitness and this morning we had Laura, who had promised to be nice but is actually very mean. She just looks sweet and smiles alot – but she is a drill sergeant!

We started off with some warm up (code for really tough) exercises and then she got us to pair up and one of us went for a jog while the other did TRX exercises. These are so hard – I was literally sweating buckets but I was able to do most of it.

I actually managed better today than I did Monday – Ihad my period Monday and was in bits with that so maybe that’s why today was not as bad.

Feeling tired all over now but really feel like I’ve worked my muscles.

What I liked about today was that it was totally different to Monday and I am expecting something different again Friday. I am working different parts of my body and am really feeling muscles everywhere being worked.

Not dreading Friday as much now….I guess that’s progress??!!

mammycool
    Participant

Good for you Sabbi! Just the name Bootcamp is enough to put me off without mentioning 6.30am – arrrrgh

Jedt
    Keymaster

It sounds worse than it is mammycool. Its actually handy to get it done and dusted before the kids get up. Although, I have to confess, I had a little nap with baby earlier today and felt better after that!

munchin
    Participant

lol Sabbi my kids are up at 6.30 😆 😆
    Have to say the boot camp does sound very good – i was doing the wii active there for a while and loved the fact that it was different combination of exercises all the time. Enjoy

Jedt
    Keymaster

This morning my arms and abs (well under the many layers of mummy tummy where there are hopefully still some ab’s in there!) are very stiff.

The TDX is brilliant – I would say a few classes of that would tone arms, legs and tummys really well. I enjoyed that yesterday. Great that there is such a mix of things at the bootcamp.

I wonder what tomorrow, Day 3 will bring…

Taylor5

Pain is a good sign…. oh im sooo jealous reading about the bootcamp, i would LOVE to do it but dh leaves for work at 6am, so not a hope of me making it.

Yes Laura look so sweet and nice but OMG she really works your ass off, but thats the reason why the place is so busy and you just have to look at the results you will get from her workouts, so it will be all worth it in the end. No 2 classes are ever the same, so much fun and crack while your dying and sweating buckets, I love the music in the place just makes you want to work harder.

You will be like twiggy at the end of camp

Jedt
    Keymaster

DAY 3 –

Day 3 was not as tough, ok don’t get me wrong, it was very tough physically but I didn’t feel like keeling over or passing out which is a first!!

The exercise were majorly hard physically but I was much more able to cope by Friday. I cannot believe that in less than a week I am starting to enjoy it. Its shocking to me that I actually had a bit of buzz after Friday’s session….\\i was delighted with myself after sweating my arse off for an hour!

There is a nutritional plan too which gives tips on what to eat and what to avoid and I have been sticking to it (fairly well) and I am starting to feel a difference in myself.

I still have a long way to go…but there is 5 weeks left for me to work hard at toning up and I am feeling excited about it now. For the first time in a long time I feel like I am getting back to me…. 😀

Now, I am not saying I am looking forward to getting up at 6am tomorrow but I am not dreading it nearly as much as I was this time last week!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Day 4….

Its not easy getting up on a monday morning at 6am but it was much easier than this time last week. Hauled myself over to lab fitness and was surprised that it ws another completely diffrent class. This morning was resistanxe training and it was very tough. Did alot of bingo wing work and as l am geting into it now was able to manage better than last week. I am starting to feel better and have more energy and l feel a bit les wobbly already.
    So glad l signed up for this – the hardest part was deciding to do it and then once you get into it it not as awful as you would imagine!
    There are 4 & 6 week options so if you are thinking of it maybe start with the 4 week and see how you get on.
    I have a dress l hope to get into after this is over…fingers crossed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.