Book Club- Laytown and surrounding areas

Home Forums Meath Chat Book Club- Laytown and surrounding areas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    magsB

Hi Mags

I would defo be interested in a book club! Would love it.

Keep me posted with any further details.

Brenda

magsB

Hi all ,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a book club in the area. My sister in law attends one in Navan and has been saying how great it is. Basically all the mums meet up once a month and discuss the book and have some nibbles and abit of fun. Maybe there is one already existing but sounds like a great idea.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Mags

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Mags,

There is a thread about this, see here: viewforum.php?f=6

Also, there used to be a meet-up in Waterstones that Mumstown members attended, not sure if this is still going on, will see if I can find out for you or if anyone knows about it, please advise, thanks!

2010baby

would love to be apart of a book club. Please keep me updated if a group is established.

Fabienne

I would be interested as well.
    That would force me to read more regularly, I hope.

Do you want morning meetings or evening?

Depending on the size of the group, we could meet in a quiet coffee shop at first, then my house everyonce in a while.

Fabienne.

chewieodie
    Participant

I used to belong to a bookclub in SA…. we’d meet once a month…. rotate the meetings at each person’s house…. and it was brilliant. We’d do things a little differently to the "normal" bookclubs….
    We’d pay a monthly "membership fee"…. to the hostess…. who would then go and choose books of her liking…. and we’d then all take turns to read them…. and give a brief review. When everyone had read the books, we’d either return them to the hostess, or donate to charity… .whichever….
    That way, we weren’t restricted to the "one book that everyone reads… and to review it"…..format.

To get started, we had all the members "donate" one or two books to the club… so that at the first meeting, everyone could take a book or two home…. it was effectively like a "mobile library"…
    I did this for about 3 years…. and have to say, loved it…. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.