Blacktie party

Home Forums National Chat Blacktie party

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    beams

My mum in law is 60 in December and hosting a black tie party – Where to hire ball gown and tux in Drogheda or surrounds pls ?? :D :D

Jedt
    Keymaster

You can buy a tuxedo shirt & tie in a box in Penneys, it looks great and is only about 10 euro!! Can be worn with a plain black suit (for the fellas obvisouly!) and this saves on the cost of hiring or buying a tux!

For the ladies….there are some fab dresses around….have a look downstairs in Shaws and in Fran & Jane, they have stunning dresses and a big sale on at the moment.

Good luck and enjoy!

beams

Thanks Sabbi that sounds great for DH. I dont want a big dress cluttering up my small wardrobe which will only be worn once !!! so would prefer to hire out a dress – if you hear of anywhere reasonable let me know 😀 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

You can borrow my wedding dress 😆 😆 😆

blonde

beams

I have a fab dress that i got for a previous ball only worn once, you could borrow it if ye like 😀

beams

Wow…is it a 12 Blonde – very kind of you to offer. HMM is your wedding dress black ?? 😀

Taylor5

Protocal… what about the new second hand shop on Stockwell street…

beams

Phoned protocol – they dont hire out evening dresses but have a sale starting from 60 euro – not really wanting to spend that kind of money . I was looking at some great dresses on a website with free delivery to Ireland – but if i could hire for cheaper locally i would. Will have a look in Stockwell street i know they had grad dresses there alright back in the summer – thanks Taylor

Jedt
    Keymaster

Beams, I have a dress you might like. Its pink, champagne and chocolate brown, knee length with a full skirt underneath. No straps, it has a bodice fitted into it. Its really fabulous, I got it from Debenhams last year when I was my sister’s bridesmaid – she let me pick my own dress in a style I wanted, so its not very weddingy, as it was my choice. Its a size 12 – you are welcome to give it a try and see if you like it?

when is the party on?

beams

wow sabbi sounds beautiful 😛 Its not on until 18th December – im very worried about borrowing though as i have two little ones with sticky hands etc. who are also coming to the party ……..perhaps i should buy one myself and then sticky hands wont be a problem 😆 😆 😳 😳

trixiebell
    Participant

have a look in warehouse beams they had some dresses in the sale today in shaws

seen the mens stuff in pennies and looked the part

Taylor5

wow sabbi sounds beautiful 😛 Its not on until 18th December – im very worried about borrowing though as i have two little ones with sticky hands etc. who are also coming to the party ……..perhaps i should buy one myself and then sticky hands wont be a problem 😆 😆 😳 😳

Oh i seen this dress in the photos and wow!!! Beams we all have sticky hands, a trip to the cleaners would still work out cheaper

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.