Birthday gifts… how much????

Home Forums National Chat Birthday gifts… how much????

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    bubblesue

Hi, I’m new to all this but could not believe that guy!! Whats so hard about just being respectful and grateful for someones effort to give to their child?!! €10 is plenty (especially these days!) maybe karma will bite him in the a$$!!

scole1

my ds had his birthday and got some lovely presents, i’m actually happy to give presents but sometimes feel embarassed, when people give him presents, as i know they have to go and buy him one especially when some people cannot afford it….

but i think regardless of what is given the receiver should be grateful, and for a parent to say something like that isn’t really teaching their child, that no matter what you say thank you and be grateful as you do not know the giver’s situation….and besides it’s not all about getting in the end….it’s about the fun the child will have with his/her friends around them celebrating their special day…..

Fabienne

Don’t agree with you scole 😆 😆 😆 ,
    it’s all about the cake 😆 😆 😆 😆

Fabienne

MaryE

I agree Fabienne 🙂

I always check out the birthday cake when i go to party as usually its the only thing that is offered to the parents!! LOL

Not that i expect there to be food for the parents ( although i always have something for the adults too but it is an extra hastle & wouldnt expect everyone to do the same) but i personally love fairy cakes & rice crispie buns etc and would love to have some when at the parties but would be too embarrassed to take one but luckily we are always offered some cake & i never refrain. haha

Im just a big kid.

scole1

ha ha fabienne, yeah the cake too…

i had some cupcakes for the parents with a cuppa, as the cake was scoffed…lol…

noeleenw

i put on ds invitations last year , €10 max present , one parent gave him 20 euro. he got a good few 15 euro vouchers and a few €10 euro gifts , why do people insist on paying out more when specifically asked not too 🙄

Taylor5

Maybe they had them prebought…. but if someone says 10e that should mean 10e. I did a kris kindle in work a few years ago it was a 25e limit per person, some of the girls used their contacts and got stuff from the reps for 25e ie a gift with a cost price (or samples) of about 70e for 25e…. many of us with the 25e gift were left feeling very 😳
    Why cant people stick to the rules???

noeleenw

dont get me started my sister is unreal , she has to spend double the limit everytime-kris kindle- drives me crazy

Taylor5

dont get me started my sister is unreal , she has to spend double the limit everytime-kris kindle- drives me crazy

Is it just to feel bigger or better…. i’ve more money and buy the better gift? Does my head in!!! Have to say my SIL aways went ott on the xmas gifts we said vouchers for smyths 20e for each child, she stuck to it and she was delighted at how much she saved this xmas, I was waiting too see a 25e or 30e voucher 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.