birth delivery risks

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth birth delivery risks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MCB

Hi, i hope some body can advise appropriately. What exactly are the risks associated with a c-section? also, what exactly are the risks of a vaginal birth after a 4th degree tear?

i’d be grateful for any information.

Linda28

hi, didnt wanna read and run, i can only help you with the first part. With a c section, baby can have more mucous as it doesnt get the same push out which usually expells all the gunk from the lungs, so baby can b a bit more vomity. after a section, u have to be careful for the first six weeks, no heavy lifting, no driving, u will have to keep an eye on your wound. so u will need lots of rest, it can b painfull for the first few days, at the end of the day whatever is best for baby and try not to get too worried, talk to ur midwife and get plenty of info. you can always try to prepare urself for labour, maternity ball start bouncing from 38 weeks, raspberry leaf tea, perianal massage but dont fancy that much myself. Remember women have been giving birth forever.

MCB

thanks for your reply linda. 😀 i really appreciate it.

i’ve had 2 vaginal births, unfortunately teh second resulted in a 4th degree tear. i’m currently not pregnant as i am petrified as to how to deliver baby. both options have risks, but i am not fully aware of them, which is why i posted. i want to educate myself and decide which is the best of a bad choice, so i can feel more confident if/when i choose to ttc again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.