Beware Hoax callers

Home Forums National Chat Beware Hoax callers

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jenny!!!

This is mad, am so glad others are having a problem with the travellers knocking on the door, they used to knock twice a year and i always gave to them but now they have started calling every week, with sponsorship cards aswell and its always children that you cant say no to, im sick of looking at them though, not giving anything anymore. Once i had a student artist selling paintings and when i kept saying no, he stuck his foot in the door and wouldnt let me close it, then he said why dont you call your husband and let him look at them, i got a fright then as my dh wasnt in but wasnt telling him that. the baby started crying and i just panicked and slamed the door on his foot. 😕 I hate opening the door to anyone. 😥 😥

missysmum

ah jenny,

i had that guy too and a girl the following week selling more paintings, so pushy, wanted to come into the living room to see what kind of art i had on the walls! i live at the end of a very large estate, i wonder if they were just peeed off with no one buying by the time they got to me, although with that type of attitude they’ll never sell their stuff!

Jenny!!!

pushy is an understatement, must be the same guy,he was asking to see in my living room aswell to see which one of his paintings would suit and where i would put it, WEIRDO….

sweetpea1979

i too had a knock on the door from this fella looking for money for the special olympics and sadly i gave him €2 as that is all i had…..although i have to say when i closed the door i just got this terrible feeling that he wasn’t genuine…..and i’m also certain i drove past him a couple of days later in our estate…..hmm perhaps i’ll follow him next time and see where he goes…..ohwell….my own fault!!! atleast it wasn’t more than that!!! and yes i do check for and have seen the prior identification – but for some reason that day i just wasn’t ‘with it’ – won’t happen again i can assure you – so take care and be vigilant!!!!

scole1

mad isn’t it, we so far haven’t had him at the door yet, will keep an eye out, haev had the pushy art sellers who don’t take feck off for an answer…and the travellers too, i said to a girl in the summer when she knocked looking for money for the summer camp, i said no money i’m busy, she called back a few mins later, didn’t bother answering the door…

the only people i sponsor or give on the street to now is people i know….for example the local kids if i know them and their parents otherwise no way hosay….

while we’re on the subject those people from concern or sightsavers or whatever that would be dotted around the town every so often with bibs on stopping you while going down the road asking for you to sign up etc are very very pushy, one guy followed me to my car, this was in tipperary town i told him i don’t give my bank details to anyone, he said but i’ve got id etc etc…i said yeah so what, there’s plenty of ligite places too ie resteraunts that can scam your card so why would i trust you with id….then in drogheda another guy pleaded with me and followed me, i was stressed out with ds1 and heavily pregnant think thought i’d give in…but coz of people like that i don’t buy srtch cards, i don’t sponsir and i don’t sign up for charities, i donate instead…..

as for beggers on the street i saw a guy 2 christmas’s ago outside town centre with sign sayong hungry please help, so instead of dropping a few coins i went bought a coffee and a filled rool, came back to give to him he said i don’t want that i want the money, was livid wanted to throw the coffee over him….

RANT OVER sorry for long post

sweetpea1979

i totally agree scole1 – they annoy the living daylights out of me…….the whole thing of ‘oh i’m sure you have €1 you can spare a month for a good cause’ eh no what part of recession and no money do you not understand………..anyone know where i get a sign/sticker for front door that says no callers without prior arrangements – may help as a deterrant……..i know they say charity starts at home, but for goodness sake, don’t follow me around or beg for money!!

and as for beggars who are hungry and when you buy them food refuse it – i remember a few years back in SA there was a couple begging at a shopping mall – everyday………..and you know what was the best – a few months later, i saw then at a very expensive holiday spot in a very posh car – atleast i know my money went to a good cause!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.