Beware Hoax callers

Home Forums National Chat Beware Hoax callers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Just want to tell people their is a guy going around the doors looking for Sponsorship

He is telling people he is doing a triatholon for Drogheda Special Olympics club

Has a lot of knowledge about Special Olympics

As Chairperson of Club – this is a hoax

Please paa this om to anyone you know.

We have informed the Gardai of this

Taylor5

We had a few funny looking guys last year, cant remember who they were collecting for but dh smelled a rat and made up a name and asked the guy did he know him and he said "yes" He rang the garda but never found out if anything happened.
    We have travellers who call EVERY week looking for you to give money to this or that 🙄

trixiebell
    Participant

that guy knocked at my door last week, but I said no, as we have had a load of people call at the door looking money, and I cant give to everyone, I actually felt bad when I closed the door, God I am so glad now that I did.

Its these people who ruin it for the legitiamate charities that need the money. 👿

Babs

We had a whole family a while ago that called looking for money for their ‘Halloween Party"… 😯 Wouldn’t mind but my hubby went off pretending to look for money and then said he couldn’t find any!! Eh, yeah…cause he isn’t working and we have no bloody money!!..and we ain’t having a Halloween party either!!!!!!!!! The neck of some people!!!!! 🙄 🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

We had the callers out her in Clogherhead looking for money for a kids party for traveller children.

My other half didnt give anything…..but as I said what about our own kids. Are we having a big halloween party for them? Thought it was a bogus caller alright though.

libby1
    Participant

Felt i need to make people aware

The Travellers have called 3 times to us in the last week – for the kids Halloween Party

We have tried toi catch that other guy but he is driving a awat when questions are asked

Its very difficult at the moment because there are so many charity cases out there.

We are fundraising at the moment.. but everyone has permits and letters to explain where they are coming from

Just be on alert

Babs

Am going to buy a bag of nuts and leave them beside the door…if they call again for money for their "party" I will give it to them!! 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe I’ll give it a try myself….but serioulsy its crazy how they can just keep on knocking doors, they must be making some money or else they would give up.

trixiebell
    Participant

Am going to buy a bag of nuts and leave them beside the door…if they call again for money for their "party" I will give it to them!! 😆 😆 😆

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

This was in the Drogheda leader this evening about the Travellers calling door to door for the poor childer….. "penny for the babby"

So DONT GIVE THEM A PENNY!!!!

Yvonne

We had a young boy, about 7 or so, call to our house looking for sponsorship for his school – DH answered the door and gave him €2.. but it was obvious it was a fake…. I would have sent him away!!

twinkle07

Im so glad i have cn this post, the amount of callers that we do get is crazy, i was feelin a lil guilty for not sponsorin them all but someday u jus dnt have it, but dd said to me that they cant all be legite, i dnt feel guilty anymore. DD jus said to me he answered the door to that man for the drog olympics

littleleaf

We get the Travellers calling at the door every week too. After reading the article in the paper I prepared what I was going to say to them if they called again. And they did – just later that evening. So when the girl "collecting" for the Halloween party came to the door I asked her if she had any ID for the charity she was collecting for. She said she didnt know she was supposed to have any and then I asked her if she had cleared it with the local gardai to collect in this area. She said she didntknow about that either. I told her that I would only support genuine charities and if she could prove that she was collecting for a genuine charity then I would donate at that point but I wasn’t giving anything until then. She just walked away then. I’m going to do that with everyone who calls to the door looking for money from now on. Genuine charities will always have proof that they are just that – Genuine!

beamam

Hi,

We had the halloween party callers too and the christmas party. Both times said no. One of the girls called back asking to use the phone and when I told her there was one in the shop, she told me it was too far to walk! Cheek! needless to say, my phone, mobile etc were "broken"that day!

trixiebell
    Participant

We get the Travellers calling at the door every week too. After reading the article in the paper I prepared what I was going to say to them if they called again. And they did – just later that evening. So when the girl "collecting" for the Halloween party came to the door I asked her if she had any ID for the charity she was collecting for. She said she didnt know she was supposed to have any and then I asked her if she had cleared it with the local gardai to collect in this area. She said she didnt know about that either. I told her that I would only support genuine charities and if she could prove that she was collecting for a genuine charity then I would donate at that point but I wasn’t giving anything until then. She just walked away then. I’m going to do that with everyone who calls to the door looking for money from now on. Genuine charities will always have proof that they are just that – Genuine!

good tip little leaf, i will say that next time, thanx!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.