Best vacuum cleaner for alot of use!

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! Best vacuum cleaner for alot of use!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I vacuum every other day – my kids are dirty little beggers – and I have to keep the floor clean for baby.

Our vacuum cleaner is on its last legs – the handle broke off in my hand the other day so I really need to get a new one and looking for recommendations.

We need one that is bagless and holds quite a lot of dirt and has good suction to get all the dust up from the floors & carpets.

what would you recommend???

chewieodie
    Participant

I love my Dyson Allergy….. couldn’t be without it! 😉

Fabienne

Dyson, expensive but worth every penny.

Fabienne

Anonymous
    Inactive

they did a experiment on the ray darcy show recently where the trinity college science museum tested hoovers….useless memory at moment & i cant remember who came out on top but im sure it is on the today fm site as a podcast.i know it wasnt a dyson that won!.

ed1
    Participant

I have used a Dyson in the past but it is not a patch on my Miele. Only thing though the Miele is not bagless. I use mine nearly every day as I hate sweeping and its fab. It would nearly take the carpet off the floor the suction is that good.

lyn11
    Taylor5

i use a nilfisk family, i got it on sale in D.l.D love it great suction but buying bags is a pain!! I used a dyson in my friends house and it was shite, it didnt have great suction and i had to hover 2 or 3 times as it was missing dirt

I did have a miele years ago and passed it onto my mother she loved it but too heavy to lug about, she got a hover in Aldi and its the best hover i have ever used

chewieodie
    Participant

I suppose its up to the individual….. I love the fact that the Dyson is bagless… and I sure don’t find any issues with the suction of the thing…. but in saying that, if there are issues, it would be if something was caught in the pipe, and once removed it is 100%. Your friend probably had a dud Taylor!

Good luck looking…. you’ll pick something up to suit your needs on special I’m sure… 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

Got to be bagless, the pain of buying bags is a hassle I just don’t need!

Had a look at the Today FM blog on it, they are all bagged and bloody expensive too!

Worst time for my vacuum to start to die, week before back to school 😈

Fabienne

Sabbi, I think I still have my old one (with bags) that I can lend to you. I bought a dyson on sales years ago and kept the other one (quite good but bags are a pain) in case of emergency.
    So if you want it for a while (long or short doesn’t matter), let me know.
    Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

We have the little henry it is bagged but a bag of bags lasts a while

Jedt
    Keymaster

Don’t want one with bags – they are a pain!! Got to be bagless – going to go have a look next week, once kids are back at school and I have some peace & quiet when I go to the shops!

MaryE

Im very happy with my Dyson Allergy – would be lost without it.

Taylor5

Dont think it was a dud as she thinks its a great hover!

I ran out of bags and i ended up picking the dirt out of the bag as the floors needed a hover 😆 😆 😆

scole1

If I was going for a bag less one it would by dyson I’ve had other branded bag less thought were supposed to be the best option obviously cheaper than dyson but still dear enough…. Was not great at all ended up with a Henry he’s my best pal we’ve bonded…. Argos do the bags really cheap and last ages too good look with your search and try them out before buy you need a comfortable trust worthy companion on those cleaning missions lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.