Best tip ever !!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums National Chat Best tip ever !!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

ds has had a cough / cold for the last 2 weeks i read on mm yesterday to put vicks on the soles of his feet and put socks on at night and hey presto our first nights sleep in 2 weeks :lol:

Babs

Did same with my weeman a while ago and same…it works!!! Makes sense when you think that reflexology deals with many physical ailments!! Would love to hear of more tips like this!!!

hjs

Imagine my delight to read something so valuable, useful and unexpected when I clicked on this thread. My original aim had been to discover news of the country’s most brilliant refuse centre in Ireland!

"Tip" obviously still retaining a very English meaning in my head even after 3 yrs (nr enough) here!

Taylor5

some posted this up here last year, I gave it a try with snuffle baby and it didnt work… tried it again with vick and it work a treat

hjs

Did u eva hear bout vicks on brown paper under a vest and pjs (ie next to the chest) when going to bed also?

I never tried it as imagine all that wrinkling,crinkling business wheneva child makes slightest move would wake up and thus defeat the object of exercise, but 2 neighbours swear by it!

Taylor5

Thats really really old, my mother would have used goose fat on brown paper as a child…. thank God she used vick on us 😆 😆 😆

hjs

ha ha ha lol!

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I have used both Snuffle baby and Vicks on my kids this week but on the chest and back not the feet. DD is six months and too young for vicks – had very bad night on Thursday night with cold – put the snuffle baby on her chest and back and did the job last night.

DS is 2 yrs and 6 months – could not find the snuffle baby earlier in the week for him so bought vicks – again has been sleeping soundly since.

Both still have their colds but are managing to sleep soundly. I don’t think there is a cure for the common cold – just lots of fluids and try to make them comfy and it will run it’s course in a week or so.

noeleenw

ds is 16 months he started with this barking cough 2 weeks ago and at night he was getting sick from coughing .. he is getting inhalers and steroids but the vicks has worked really well he slept til 9 am this morning 😆

Taylor5

ds is 16 months he started with this barking cough 2 weeks ago and at night he was getting sick from coughing .. he is getting inhalers and steroids but the vicks has worked really well he slept til 9 am this morning 😆

A cough at nightime only can be a sign of Asthma

noeleenw

ye … he has the inhalers my other ds who’s 8 had the same when he was young … ds has slept the last 3 nights 😆 i am not using vicks its the cheap boyds equivalent

scole1

i’m dying with a head cold can’t breathe and pronounce a few words funny, rubbed vicks on my chest must try tonight on my feet and put socks on, will let ya’s know

munchin
    Participant

i’ve done this on dd last yr and yr before in particular – as soon as i hear i coughing i do it and it does work for her. Haven’t had to try it on babs as of yet – the snuffle babe can be hard to find so when i see it i usually buy a few 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thats flipping brilliant!! My 2 year old does not like Vicks on her chest or back so this is ideal. She is a bit snuffly at moment so will try it tonight….

scole1

well girls this so works, i was dying with a cold, still have it but not as bad, ds1 has a little cold so put it on his feet too, works a treat…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.