Best Local Santas Grotto?

Home Forums National Chat Best Local Santas Grotto?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Ladies which is the best local Santas grotto to go to and when is the best times to go.??

ScotchHall/ Laurences/ Town Centre ??? Any others?

It wouldnt be at a weekend at any rate as I will be working.

Taylor5

We only went to the santa in S. Hall last, it was ok but ds thought it was brilliant. I have to say the santa himself was lovely and very chatty to the kids

libby1
    Participant

We went to Santa in St. Laurences Shoppping Centre , he was great , spent a lot of time talking to the kids , they got a nice gift and a lovely picture..

It just cost €8.

happymumblemum
    Participant

A chatty Santa thats good..one that actually knows how to engage kids.

8 euro for pressie n pic is fab though!!!

Moonflower

We went to Puddenhill today with toddler group and the grotto even though was not open in full as it woudl be on a weekend was lovely, very Christmassy with real animals and a real reindeer called Ruby who was so friendly…would thoroughly recommend…..

munchin
    Participant

cool delighted to hear pudden hill was nice we’re planning on taking E there on sunday – thought chances are she wont’ go anywhere near santa 😆 😆

rossylisa

where abouts is puddinton hill ❓

happymumblemum
    Participant

Lisa it is through Duleek almost as far up as the n2

It is on the left – big sign you cannot miss it if you just drive on from Duleek.

Pass it every Sunday on way to work 🙁 🙁 was never in it though

munchin
    Participant

easiest way is to go almost to the N2, you’ll see a sign to turn left for puddenhill, follow the road and it’s up on the left hand side.
    There is a website http://www.puddenhill.com
    santa is on at weekends, not sure of times for thurs/fri but sat & sun is 11am start

munchin
    Participant

have to tell you i walked out of puddenhill yesterday WITHOUT seeing santa – the little farm etc is great don’t get me wrong i love the set-up BUT they seemed totally unprepared for amount ofpeople that were there.
    When we arrived i was told there was no queue we would be called, i asked roughly how long & was told within half hour – Grand.
    After 40min i hadn’t heard them call anyone BUT they were bringing in groups of kids from functions elsewhere on the premises. I asked roughly how much longer and was told 45 mins at least – even though they were telling people who had just arrived an hour. It was blooming freezing, the bar etc was packed, they have upped their prices from last year but certaintly not the service. 😥

We’re off to scotch hall or laurence street during the week! 😆

Thankfully E is only 2 so didn’t grasp that we left without seeing the big man well didn’t grasp or didn’t care! 😉

yummymummy

My brother brought j to his work santa thing yest in slane!! j said it was fab and it wasnt santas helper it was actually santa LOL

got good gifts too, lego truck set and a 3d dinosaur making thingy and a selection box!! thats him done for this year so 🙂

munchin
    Participant

god that sounds like a brill santa yummy

rossylisa

im going to laurnece centre today so will let yous know where that is ..deff not going to puddington now … I remember bringing M to santa kingdom in punchestown she was 2 or 3 and like that the ques where like an hour and half she didnt get to go to santas grotto because of that..but on our way out the door the other santa was starting his shift and she gave him her bottle 😆 😆

yummymummy

yeah well j was happy with it. bro sent me a pic of it this morning and the santa wasnt great (as usual) put it on bebo but sure like i said to the brother once j is happy thats the main thing!!!

spent an hour making the damn lego last night!!! ME that is, they make it so hard for kids to do it themselves!!!

munchin
    Participant

saw your photo yummy j looks happy
    well we went to Laurence street Santa last night and i have to say I really enjoyed it & E seemed to too – bit off putting as nothing to see etc while waiting BUT the lay out inside is lovely and i thought the santa was quiet good – we pulled up a chair and sat beside him and had our little chat. Ten mins or so with Santa, pressie & photo for €8 – puddenhill were looking for €15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.