Bedtime routine – are yours settled?

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! Bedtime routine – are yours settled?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

We are still finding it tricky to get the kids to settle at bedtime for school. They want to be up and playing and reading and they are still a bit unsettled after the summer hols.

anyone else having this? any tips for getting them to sleep early?

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is what we were chatting about at the last Mumstown meetup. I wont say I’ve master it as that would be chancing fate 😆 but over the years and 5 children later this works for me. I use lavander oil sprinkled on the bed covers to relax the boys down and then I put soothing music on low to relax them and drown out any other noises in the house. It took a few go’s before they relaxed into it but now it works a treat. Worth a go!

I use the same music to practice mindfulness and relaxation myself so I know it works for me 🙂

pookie4
    Participant

I take mine on an ‘adventure’ straight after school to burn of energy – usually close to home & free, ideally outside, or in a field…

Yvonne

They are back to bedtime routine thankfully BUT, suffering differently, getting up earlier! DS was awake from 6 this morning, and DD at 6.40!!!! 😈 😈

lemonB

Thankfully I’ve never had any problems with bed time routine, when I say ‘bed time’ theres no argument but anyway I wouldnt have given them the chance to question me why 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Can you come to my house at around 8pm Monday night LemonB??!! 😆 😆

lemonB

Sure why not, I’ll be your ‘supernanny’ ha ha ha

LouthMam

The evenings are getting a bit darker now, which helps with convincing them it’s bedtime. I’m also taking my guys out somewhere everyday after school to wear them out. By the end of October that’ll probably have to stop though as it gets so cold and dark.
    They’re some interesting tips MUMMY5 that I’ve never tried before. I must try the calming music for starters.

munchin
    Participant

we started the week before school – dd2 goes up at 7.30, dd1 at 8. Dd2 is usually asleep handy enough once she’s been read a story BUT dd1 floats about the room and can be for ages so she now has 15mins with her light on then it’s lights out and I’ve found it’s helped her to go asleep a bit quicker. We have explained that Friday/sat they can stay up later BUT only if the behave Sunday to Thursday – if there’s any mucking about usually just reminding them that they don’t get to stay up late at the weekend is enough 😉 now when I say late I mean by half an hour 😉 they do say not to vary the routine too much.
    must try the lavender on dd1 – I use it myself but never thought of spraying it on her bedclothes 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Must give this lavendar on the pillows trick a go….this was typical Mummy5, trying to help others. We’ll miss her.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.