x

Home Forums National Chat x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

x to use it for etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

so third night dry 😀 very happy little boy-beaming. Can’t believe something can work and help with this problem. Never, ever had dry nights like this before.

Fabienne

glad it’s working and have a happy boy again.
    Fabienne

pookie2

Am really interested in this. My eldest lad is nearly 5 & is soaking nearly every morning. His younger brother (nearly 3) is dry nearly all the time & I can see that it bothers him. I lift him before midnight & he is often dry, but unless I get him again around 3, he’ll nearly always be wet again by morning.

I’m looking at alarms at the minute & if they don’t work, this would be my next step. I’m not looking for a pill for all ills, but it’s not nice when his brother is proudly saying how dry he is, when he himself is anything but.

One of my bros was the same. Really deep sleeper & was 8 or so before the situation started to impove.

I think I saw something like this on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies once…Mummy5 keep us updated

Fabienne

My daughter got dry at night a month before her 7th birthday, little brother was dry long before.
    I gave up lifting her up because we couldn’t wake her, and nurse told me if wake kid up they have to be awake to realise and be in control of their blader, otherwise it’s not any different than been in the bed.
    She just wasn’t ready and not bother by still having pull-ups, even for sleep-overs.
    Lifting her up did not work as well as at the end of the week she was even more tired and less able to be awake and in control.
    When she sleeps she sleeps, nothing can wake her up.
    Now she’s grown and her blader can hold it for the night, she still would not be able to wakeup and go to the toilets unlike her brother.

I was thinking of alarms, and she was dry before I got it, wanted to try during summer holidays when been tired would not interfere with school.

Wish all mummies success and dry nights.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

Girls, have heard good feedback about the ‘stop bedwetting system’ too. click on the picture of the sad mammy on the right to read about it, its not upsetting for the children and seems to work within a few days. http://www.stopbedwetting.ie/

HTH

Anonymous
    Inactive

last night had a litte accident…but I mean really little as the urine is concentrated and therefore very little of it. He did however, go to bed in his undies, and he was thrilled saying ‘this is the moment ive waited for all my life’. He was a little disheartened by the accident but on a positive note it was so small. He will continue to wear his underwear to bed, take his tablet and we’ll see what happens.

With regard to the alarms the one big downfall is the noise…it would waken the whole house. Its definately an ‘alarm’. With 4 children in the house it wakens them all so not a good idea in our house at all. I would have also said initially that he ‘slept like a log’ ‘can’t wake him up’ etc. We did lift him and he was sound asleep at times…other times he woke up,just about. But its really hard work lifting a near 9yr old boy out of bed in the middle of the night, not just once but a few times. And in the end he would still be soaked in the morning.

I do feel now its related to the antidiuretic horomone not kicking in as the tablet is making a huge difference to him….no amount of brining him to the toilet at night made any real difference as his body was obviously still producing large amount of urine. We still make sure to go to the toilet before bed etc. and the usual things we did. The big plus so far is to see his confidence soar and to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Jedt
    Keymaster

his confidence growing is main thing mummy5, must be hard on him. glad its getting sorted for him, it can be upsetting. Hopefully in a week or two it will all be a thing of the past for him.

Taylor5

Mummy5 God love your little fella, this must have been heartbreaking for you….. Delighted its all going well

MaryE

Glad it is working & helping his confidence.

Can i ask, how long will he need to be on tablet for? is it forever?

My ds has only turned four but soaks himself every night no matter what we do, no drinks after 6pm, toilet before he goes to bed, promises of gifts if he stays dry,etc he is trained during the day since 2.5 years but he just cant seem to do it at night. I know he is still young but like you said he is totally soaked every single night &He is a really deep sleeper. Luckily he is a bit young to be too bothered about it, although he doesnt tell anyone that he still has nappys for bed (the pull ups werent good enough, urine leaked as so much) & i saw him hid them one day we had visitors.

I must have a read of the article sabbi put up.

Jedt
    Keymaster

The stopbedwetting.ie site might be of interest to you MaryE, there has been positive feedback about that from parents. Hope you get sorted soon.

We’ve been through it ourselves with our son, we had to lift him every night until he was 7 or else he would wet the bed. Its upsetting for everyone, so its good to look at a few options and see what suits you best.

HTH.

pookie2

Mummy5, wild noise wouldn’t suit me either as he (5) shares room with bro (3) & baby soon moving in…. Don’t want everyone up all night! Which one did you have? Any volume control on it? For that reason, I’m looking at vibraing ones, but I don’t think he’d even notice….

Am curious too – how long on the tablet? Until his body kicks in producing the hormone? When would they expect that? He sounds just like my bro years ago. You couldn’t wake him & he was gone 8 before there was even a small improvement….

Will docs only give that in exceptional circumstances, or arethey open to it after age of 5? Am curious

Anonymous
    Inactive

x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Great to hear its getting better. It will be great for him when its all behind him, will boost his confidence even more. 😀

maiamum

I’m delighted to read this thread. I have a daughter who is coming up 7 and she is still wet every night. I have found it incredibly difficult to get any information on it.

I have asked both my GP, and my public health nurse and neither was very useful – suggested lifting her (to me that isn’t training her to hold it) or an alarm, niether of which worked.

they couldn’t even tell me what the normal age range is for being dry at night. If this is considered ‘normal’ then that’s fine but no one has told me if it is?

My sister’s little girl had the same problem and they ended up treating her with a hormone she snorted. I’m not sure if this is the sam thing? she was over in UK though so the thinking might be different?

Anyway, at least now I have some info to take to the GP, so thanks

Jenny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.